Banner Health System Emergency & Safety Mgmt Coord in Tempe, Arizona
System Emergency & Safety Mgmt Coord
This position has accountability for Emergency Management (EM) and selected, designated Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) activities for system-wide Laboratory Sciences of Arizona/Sonora Quest Laboratories (LSA/SQL) locations, to include all commercial and hospital laboratory locations, Patient Services Division, Long Term Care (LTC), Rapid Response Labs (RRLs), technical and administrative departments. Assists with development and implementation of EM programs designed to mitigate, prepare, respond and recover from emergency, hazardous and/or safety related events. May assist with EH&S related job tasks, as directed.
This position recommends, interprets and coordinates compliance with policies and procedures primarily related to EM issues and secondarily to EH&S related issues, to maintain safety of employees within the regulations established by federal/state/local agencies. Helps to facilitate EM/EH&S strategic planning and development of goals and objectives. Coordinates the development and implementation of facility objectives/plans which align with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
Leads investigations and analysis of identified potential EM/EH&S problems relative to employees, facilities, equipment, contractors and/or visitors. Participates in and assists in the facility hazard vulnerability analysis (HVA) process on an annual basis. Based on the HVA findings, plans, coordinates and implements exercises and drills to test and improve readiness. Develops and delivers competency based training as identified. Supports the completion of identified Corrective Action Plans as it relates to EM risk assessment and gap analysis.
Assists with management of EM/EH&S programs and overall safety of employees, patients, contractors and/or visitors where appropriate. Coordinates EM/EH&S activities in all assigned areas. Collaborates with parent partner (Banner) EM Program Managers and Quest Diagnostics (QD) Business Continuity Program management on all relevant EM/EH&S activities.
Maintains current applicable regulatory standards in EM/EH&S programs and oversees changes to maintain compliance. Partners with parent EM/EH&S entities and helps ensure compliance with all pertinent aspects of Emergency Management (EM) standards for the organization.
Acts as a change agent in development and implementation of EM/EH&S programs in assigned areas and throughout the LSA/SQL organization. Maintains current knowledge of applicable regulations and best practices including the Joint Commission, local, state, federal, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), CAP (College of American Pathologists), FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), NIMS (National Incident Management System), and other EM/EH&S related regulations.
Where applicable, establishes and maintains relationships with the community including other healthcare/pre-hospital agencies and local, state, and federal agencies. Responsible for appropriate EM/EH&S meeting oversight and participation in LSA/SQL EM/EH&S committees that are required to ensure regulatory compliant integration of new laboratory facilities into the existing organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent and effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines involving complex projects and influencing positive results in diverse cross-functional team environments.
• Bachelors’ Degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity of Operations, disaster planning and emergency preparedness planning, typically obtained through four (4) years’ of experience in developing, implementing and facilitating Emergency Management policies, procedures and infrastructure.
• Demonstrated knowledge of disaster management regulations and compliance.
• Green Belt Certification.
• Certificates that are relevant or desired for EM, EH&S and/or Physical Security.
• Additional related education and/or experience preferred.