Citi Data Governance Program Lead Analyst in Tampa, Florida
Primary Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 19017089
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
The Chief Data Office's mandate is to establish a data governance and data management framework across all business lines and business units at Citi. The CDO develops data guidelines, standards and controls to protect Citi’s critical information assets. CDO partners with Businesses and Global Functions to define policies, procedures and drive initiatives to support and deliver improved data management practices and process with our partners. CDO ensures Businesses and Global Functions initiatives are aligned to CDO and enterprise priorities and develops and manages the approach to measuring adherence to CDO data management guidelines.
Data Governance responsibilities include:
• Gathering and synthesizing existing data governance principles, policies, practices and standards, e.g. understanding
industry best practices.
• Produce recommendations for enterprise-wide guiding principles, policies, processes and practices.
• Determine requirements for and prioritize development of new enterprise-wide principles, policies, processes and practices as needed.
• Develop and manage approach for measuring adoption of principles, policies, processes and practices.
• Manage relationship with key business leaders and influential subject matter experts within specific lines of business to drive efforts to measurable successful conclusion.
• Prepare executive/management level reporting and other regulator-required updates.
Process reengineering responsibilities include:
· Act as a change agent and collaborator, partnering with LOBs, Global Functions, and CDO team to establish
enterprise wide data governance programs.
· Process mapping, modeling, and line of business policies and practices.
· Bachelor's degree and / or equivalent experience. Preferably in a business, IT or finance discipline
· 6+ years of overall relevant experience
· 3+ years experience with implementing and leading data management initiatives across lines of business; including
management of executive level relationships
· 3+ years of practical operational management and/or business management experience preferred
· Minimum of 2+ years of project management experience
· Consulting or project background preferred
· Strong communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) required, ability to synthesize key messages and “story tell”
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and to work with geographically diverse resources
· Ability to work effectively with project teams/leaders across all functional areas and levels
· Ability to see the "big picture" without losing attention to detail
· Good influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
· Strong attention to detail and willingness to "roll up sleeves"
· Strong analytical skills required, experience with budgets and financial analysis preferred
· Program/project management using a structured methodology to successfully track, plan, monitor and report on
concurrent, multiple projects
· Strong background in one or more areas of finance preferred
· Process reengineering and process mapping preferred
· Change management preferred
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citi Jobs