Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Planner in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and build incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will be supporting the creation and/or developing of unique and extraordinary manufacturing processes s a Manufacturing Planner. This role generally has 1-3 years of professional experience in manufacturing planning.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Manages hardware and commodities through manufacturing and the supply chain, execution, and maintenance of supply and demand in relation to make and buy parts.
• Maintains production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost.
• Maintains Material Requirements Planning (MRP) parameters including material master data and performance metrics.
• Expedites and optimizes material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements.
• Coordinates with manufacturing to provide shop floor control on make parts.
• Analyzes and controls production schedule and capacity requirements and executes the plan.
• Provides timely status and expedites work around plans to preserve schedule.
• Coordinates with Supply Chain Stakeholders including Procurement and Operations Management to determine appropriate time phased plan for procured parts.
• You will execute processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements.
• Maintains MRP parameters including lead times and lot sizes and coordinates with Engineering and Change Board Rep to make associated changes to the Bill of Materials (BOM).
• You will maintain Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system integrity to drive material and production schedules and execute processes per the MRP Command Media.
• Collaborating with manufacturing, engineering, quality, procurement, and management, you will provide timely status of work products and/or problem identification and resolution.
• Strong communication skills and effective at building relationships.
• The ability to work under very general supervision.
• Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Identifies and helps develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Supply Chain Management-related education and or experience (including one of the following: Production Planning and Control, Shop Floor Control, Inventory Management, Purchasing/Procurement, Material Management, or Logistics).
• Knowledge and understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) theory and practices.
• Proficiency using SAP/ERP, Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) Knowledge, Supply Chain Management and/or Manufacturing experience.
• Customer service-oriented and able to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office which includes Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.