Cepheid Executive Assistant in Sunnyvale, California
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Be the key contact and right hand to the SVP and Chief Financial Officer and Provide all executive administration support to assigned executive and take on selected strategic projects and activities for both Finance and IT.
• Daily administrative support to CFO including, but not limited to: management of extremely active calendars; operating as a first point of phone contact and managing that experience; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is at times confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Managing travel which includes
o Requires close coordination with various groups local and international, visa preparation, ground transportation, hotel reservations etc
o Flexibility required to deal with travel updates if schedules change both before and during trips.
• Responsible for all logistics of meetings including conference room reservations, teleconference, videoconference, food ordering and associated meeting logistics
• Proactively ensure that meeting materials are prepared and distributed in advance of key meetings
• Contributes to the maintenance of the team SharePoint sites, team calendars and team initiatives tracking.
• Use appropriate discretion and confidentiality in the management of information
• Sometimes work with outside vendors to insure that invoices are being processed and paid on a timely basis as well work with SAP system to track purchase orders and invoices in the system
• Processing SOWs following approvals and if required process them for approval
• Order office supplies as requested
• Works as part of a team with other administrators to facilitate overall success of the executive leadership team.
• Ability to prepare and edit reports and presentations using Microsoft Office software; organize and maintain electronic files
• Arrange for visitor passes and building access
• Candidate should have 5 plus years administrative experience that demonstrates an ability to carry out all office functions proficiently and to complete quality work on a timely basis
• Demonstrated strong self-starter, independent, pro-active and self-motivated while having the flexibility to handle change calmly and professionally
• Demonstrate resourcefulness with proven ability to anticipate needs, prioritize responsibilities, manage multiple priorities with tight timelines, and take initiative
• Ability to work well both in team environment as well as operate independently with minimal supervision
• Possess excellent communication skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal and written communications with all levels of the organization
• Excellent computer skills: Outlook (e-mail and calendar management), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products.
• Exemplary time management and organizational skills and strong ability to set priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, clients, and external partners.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the high level of customer/client service and response.
• Ability to anticipate needs of executives and demonstrate a proactive, holistic approach to solving problems.
• Excellent attention to detail and level of accuracy necessary.
• High degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment and poise.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Enjoys collaborating with a variety of personality and work styles.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Administrative
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP002548
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.