Robert Half International Accounting Manager in Sunnyside, Washington
A stable and growing central Washington credit union is seeking an Accounting Manager ideally with credit union experience who is looking for a growing and challenging career!
Summary of Position: Develop, manage, and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. Reconcile GL and bank accounts. Manage the activities of the accounting department and staff. Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities – Manage accounting functions to include AP, AR, budgets, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, payroll and taxes.
– Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department and insure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
– Ensure that you and the accounting department are in compliance with all federal and state laws as well as the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and other regulations.
– Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of month close and produce monthly financial statements. Prepare or assist with incurred cost and provisional rate reports as necessary.
– Reconcile revenue reports, unbilled variances, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports, and claims disbursements. Prepare daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare daily cash position analysis.
– Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
– Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, evaluating the performance of the staff on a regular basis. Resolve employee questions or conflicts.
– Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
– Develop and maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a regular basis.
– Provide regular reports to management of all online accounting activities for the credit union’s accounting/bookkeeping department.
– Monitor fixed-asset management.
– Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by management.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
Be detailed, flexible, and organized
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Foundational knowledge in US GAAP
Command of financial statement preparation
General ledger experience desired
Practical knowledge of payroll taxes
Financial statements consolidation experience
Reporting experience highly preferred
General familiarity with taxes
Experience with budgeting
Demonstrated knowledge of payroll
Adeptness in budget forecasting
Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
ERP system experience
Recent and relevant accounting experience
Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Date Posted: January 18, 2019
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Reference: 03650-0010812811
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting & Finance