Esterline Senior Engineering Manager in Stockton on Tees, United Kingdom
Summary Direct, coordinate and manage the activities of the engineering department in regard to Projects, Design and Manufacturing engineering and R&D.; Development of innovative products, processes and technologies.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Direct and manage multiple concurrent engineering projects whiles ensuring their success in meeting respective objectives.
- Consult and negotiate with the customer to finalise engineering Project specifications.
- Continuously improve quality and manufacturing costs.
- Review and approve proposed engineering designs and subsequent product and process enhancements or changes.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Management and review of the cost estimate process, continually monitoring accuracy.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work
- Presentation and explanation of proposals, reports, and findings to customers.
- Development and execution of technology roadmaps
- Management of New Product Introduction within set budgets
- Coaching and development of the engineering team
- Development and implementation of technology road mapping
- Proven track record in securing new business
- Proven history of leading an engineering team
- Development of innovative products
- Candidates must be familiar with new product introduction with first-hand experience of leading new product introduction, including tooling development, standard operations and handover to production.
- Knowledge of Operational Excellence is essential with associated KPI’s being tracked against timing plans and effective countermeasure being put in place where necessary.
- At least 5 years supervisory/management experience within an engineering function within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a diverse workforce
- Excellent analytical skills, with a mind for problem solving
- Good IT literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Good organisational ability
- Persistence and ability to achieve results under pressure
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical HNC Qualified
- Degree qualified, or qualified by experience
State/Province/County: Co Durham
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Position Type: Regular