Sherwin-Williams Maintenance Supervisor in States, United States
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: United States-California-Victorville
Job Number: 18000K3B
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for managing the Maintenance Department in a safe and efficient manner to maintain the plant's assets, keep equipment in good operating condition and comply with safety and environmental requirements consistent with the plant's objectives.
The major tasks performed include:
• Managing daily work schedules for maintenance personnel.
• Developing and implementing CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) Oracle eAM
• Supporting Reliability Excellence, and asset utilization
• Regular surveying of the plant or warehouse to identify building, grounds, equipment, etc. that is in need of repair.
• Personally repairing as well as supervising mechanics in repairing and performing preventative maintenance.
• Supervising the purchase of necessary spare parts and other parts and supplies by a maintenance clerk to maintain the building and equipment.
• Assigning priority work projects to mechanics.
• Keeping abreast of utility cost and making recommendations to minimize energy consumption per unit produced.
• Training and developing the Emergency Action Team - be a leader in safety, quality and environmental activities.
• Assisting Production Manager in developing and implementing capital projects.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
• Must have at least one year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or four years of work experience is preferred
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Industrial, electrical, or welding certifications, and/or post-secondary/technical degree preferred
• Two or more years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment are preferred
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have the ability to lift 25-50 lbs. frequently and 50-100 lbs. occasionally with or without reasonable accommodation
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.