Sherwin-Williams Maintenance Mechanic in States, United States
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Number: 200009NL
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and correcting equipment breakdowns and facility maintenance. This position also performs mechanical repairs to ensure the ongoing integrity and reliability of equipment in order to keep the plant operating safely and efficiently.
Major tasks include:
• Perform equipment repairs, modifications, installations, relocations and general facility maintenance.
• Obtain parts from the storeroom in accordance with our standard MRO inventory procedures.
• Assist with MRO storeroom cycle counts.
• Make minor repairs to electric forklifts and pallet jacks.
• Complete equipment repairs/modifications as assigned by the Operations Manager, Engineer Manager, Maintenance Manager, or Process Engineer.
• Responsible to accurately enter eAM Work Order labor and materials daily into the CMMS.
• Use of electric/pneumatic tools in a safe manner.
• Responsible for housekeeping as assigned by Maintenance Manager and/or Operations Manager.
• Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and systems.
• Must complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Perform general carpentry, welding and plumbing
• Installs new equipment and follows all training and communication procedures when new machines are installed as well as when current machines/processes are modified.
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have the legal right to work in the U.S. without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
Must have at least 3 years of industrial maintenance experience
Must have knowledge and understanding of LOTO (lock out tag out) procedures
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
2nd shift, .45/hr shift differential Qualifications •Minimum of 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience required. •Employees who have received a written warning or greater in the last 12 months are not eligible to sign this job posting
2nd shift, .45/hr shift differential
•Minimum of 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience required.
•Employees who have received a written warning or greater in the last 12 months are not eligible to sign this job posting