Sherwin-Williams Maintenance Mechanic in States, United States
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: United States-Alabama-Birmingham
Job Number: 2000088D
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is accountable for the necessary maintenance duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and production maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This can include dryers, chillers, thermo oxidizer, HVAC, fire pump, mixers, mills, all filling line equipment, conveyors, wrappers, tanks, motors, pumps, tank washer, tank tipper, dock maintenance, building maintenance and any other item required by management.
Major tasks include:
• Checks and refills lubricant reservoirs, applies grease to lubricant points, inspects machinery while performing scheduled preventative maintenance
• Operates shop tools, equipment, and as many machines related to maintenance as skill level will permit
• Able to make repairs and adjustments to machinery and assist in dismantling all or parts of machinery to repair or replace defective components
• Assists in electrical projects and performs minor electrical repairs
• Understands basic electrical and pneumatic diagrams, familiar with 12 VDC to 480 VAC electrical wiring or circuits and capable of diagnosing 115 VAC control circuitry
• Assists in pipe fitting tasks and able to perform some installation tasks unassisted
• Performs certain portions of repairs to power industrial equipment, assists in rebuilding of related equipment
• Maintains and services a range of building equipment such as HVAC, lighting, water and sewer, etc.
• Assists in the installation of new plant equipment
• Maintains production equipment in good operating condition while optimizing equipment uptime to insure the safe and timely manufacture of quality coatings.
• Improves reliability and operating efficiency of plant equipment.
• Conducts preventive maintenance tasks in a timely manner to insure operation of all equipment, in an efficient and safe manner.
• Supports site housekeeping and safety programs, maintaining a work place that is clean and safe.
• Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed
Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
Must have at least one year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
2 or more years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
Industrial, electrical or welding certifications, and/or a post-secondary/technical degree
Basic electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic theory
Knowledge of PLC programming
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
5 years experience and up preferred.
Technicial Certification/Diploma preferred.