CVS Health Beauty Consultant Professional in Stamford, Connecticut
It is a great time to join CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health, as America’s leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,600 stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales oriented, Professional Beauty Consultant who is passionate about the beauty industry and believes the customer experience should be top notch. We have partnered with Glamsquad, a revolutionary beauty services provider, to bring beauty services to our customer’s in-store. As a CVS Professional Beauty Consultant, you will become a member of the Glamsquad Beauty Professional community and work closely with Glamsquad regional experts. CVS customers will experience your passion for beauty as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through beauty services and sales.
As a Professional Beauty Consultant you are excited about all things beauty! You will be responsible for the end-to-end experience in the Beauty Department and will provide hair styling, makeup applications, ear piercing and personalized product advice. You will greet and provide friendly, knowledgeable, sales service to every customer who enters the beauty zone of the store and strive to build the best, personalized experience and basket for each customer.
• Seek out customers to ensure they have an amazing experience through great service, including beauty services and targeted sales advice. Provide personalized service based on customer needs, productive up- and suggestive selling, as well as subsequent follow-up contact to build lasting relationships.
• Engage in conversation with each customer as they enter the beauty zone, listen to and be sensitive of the information shared by the customer and their needs and provide service & sales advice.
• Represent both the Glamsquad and CVS brands when interacting with customers and uphold the highest standards of service
• Perform Hair and Makeup services: blowouts, hairstyling and full or partial makeup application (lip and/or eye enhancement)
• Perform Ear Piercing services (training and certification to be provided)
• Educate beauty customers by demonstrating proper product usage, highlighting features and benefits
• Participate in and represent CVS at sales programs and/or events that positively impact business
• Discuss CVS services, Beauty Club programs and invite customers to special, in store events and/or explain current promotions to close the sale of products and services
• Create and maintain product displays, end caps and display special promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local advertising efforts
• Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping experience.
• Compete with yourself to beat service & sales goals
• Participate in ongoing sales, service and trend training with CVS and Glamsquad to ensure knowledge and skills are modern and current
• Be our customer’s Beauty Expert by being plugged-in to all of the latest beauty trends and techniques. Be a beauty enthusiast!
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
• You will be a member of the Glamsquad beauty professional community and represent the brand at CVS!
• Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training and more.
• Gratis. Everyone loves free samples! You will get to take home lots of great products to try out.
• Fun filled days at trade shows. You will get to present and discuss new and upcoming products and provide trainings on various initiatives along with Brand partners and other colleagues. And more free samples!
• You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves that translates to the rest of their lives, and you will make an impact!
• Stand and move throughout the store in order to provide excellent customer service, including providing services and beauty consulting, and perform other task work such as stocking and facing product displays and updating advertising promotions
• Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves
• Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., hair styling, makeup applications, ear piercing)
• Physical abilities to support the Required Qualifications listed above.
• Must possess a current and valid Cosmetology License in the state in which you will be working
• Experience and proficiency in both hair styling and makeup application
• Ability to perform ear piercing after training is provided
• Must receive Glamsquad certification for hair styling, makeup application and ear piercing
• Sales oriented or interested in Sales
• Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet sales and beauty service goals
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures
• Available to work at a CVS store and travel to sales programs and events as needed
• Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and “Peak” Hours
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Prior beauty sales experience
• Current knowledge of products and brands
• Strong passion for beauty
• High school diploma or equivalent
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- CVS Health Jobs