Raymond James Financial, Inc. Sr Technology Test Analyst - NICE Actimize in St. Petersburg, Florida
Leads testing efforts for individual teams and projects by acting as the key point of contact for all testing aspects. Assists in the implementation of formal test strategies by the team. Applies specialized business knowledge, testing experience and technical skills to significant projects that involve multiple IT departments and business units. Reviews functional requirements and uses business and technical knowledge to analyze and develop software test plans and test cases. Identifies, gathers and manages appropriate test data and executes against test scripts. Performs testing for application development projects and where appropriate, technology infrastructure projects. Deliverables ensure sufficient test coverage and risk mitigation. Works closely with business users to determine priorities and facilitate decisions regarding quality. Demonstrates subject matter expertise and is able to integrate domain knowledge with an understanding of standards and practices. Is the primary on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance team members. Applies specialized business knowledge and technical skills to significant deliverables and projects that involve multiple IT departments, business units and have enterprise impact. Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and participates in functional testing for development efforts of all sizes and complexity utilizing various development platforms.
• Establishes project test and implementation schedules. Monitors, documents and reports current test status of projects.
• Uses industry knowledge, business systems knowledge and previous testing experience to independently execute testing against both proprietary and third party applications to identify differences between the business user requirements and the system being tested. Documents, reproduces and retests defects.
• May create or assist in creation or test strategies and roadmaps for testing activities.
• Monitors testing progress, provides status reports and escalates issues as needed regarding testing efforts.
• Uses software quality principals to review and analyze functional requirements, architectural overviews and other proposed system specifications to ensure requirements are complete, accurate and testable. Documents traceability of test cases to requirements.
• Develops test plans, writes manual and automated tests and ensures sufficient test coverage to mitigate risk to IT and to the firm.
• Identifies and defines test environment requirements.
• Leads risk assessment and test strategy design.
• Provides guidance, technical training and mentoring to less experienced Software Quality Management associates on Software Engineering principals, application specific functionality, tool usage, business interaction and good practices.
• Conducts and/or participates in peer reviews of test plans and cases to ensure consistency, adequate coverage and risk mitigation
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of related experience including software testing, leading project test efforts, development of formal test strategies, and business and technical acumen or combination of education, training and experience.
• Leadership experience preferred including interaction with offshore resources.
• SDLC knowledge (waterfall & Agile).
• Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes.
• Proven experience in leading and testing complex user interfaces.
• Knowledge of both Manual and Automated Testing.
• Experience in testing using an automated test tool (preferred).
• Experience in testing Windows Software Applications / Database applications produced using VB, C#, Access, SQL Server.
• SQL and PL/SQL with complex queries (Oracle Database preferred).
• Knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Web service testing using tools like SOAPUI Pro (preferred).
• Experience with Nice Actimize for Financial Markets Compliance (preferred).
• Experience with OFSAA (preferred).
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Title: Sr Technology Test Analyst - NICE Actimize
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1804131