Raymond James Financial, Inc. Sr. Advisor, Compliance in St. Petersburg, Florida
Under general administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification to ensure compliance of investment advisory business practices with Advisers Act, state laws, and other applicable rules and regulations. Coordinates compliance functions, guides compliance efforts, and act as a liaison between functional areas. Leads large or multiple compliance initiatives with significant scope and impact. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature and that require originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Maintains extensive contact with interdepartmental and external business contacts to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex issues
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with compliance governance reporting for all compliance pillars, including compliance representation, conducting research, due diligence, documentation, escalation, collaboration within and outside compliance groups related, but not limited to, issue management, emerging risks, regulatory changes, supplier and product risk assessments.
• Provide compliance support on various investment advisory areas of coverage, not limited to Asset Management Services and Investment Advisors Division, including operational businesses.
• Manage compilation of CCO quarterly reporting for investment products and advisory services coverage area.
• Coaches and mentors less experienced Compliance associates.
• Oversees compliance program for an assigned business entity to ensure compliance processes and procedures are integrated and aligned with business processes.
• Directs adjustments to existing compliance programs, policies and procedures, as required.
• Ensures that compliance activities are commensurate with the level of risk being mitigated.
• Provides escalated support and guidance to compliance efforts for assigned business areas
• Informs appropriate Senior Management about issues that may involve rule violations or potential liability.
• Assists compliance management to implement adequate controls and quality assurance processes to detect and address potential compliance issues.
• Researches compliance issues.
• Alerts Senior Compliance Management of current and/or emerging regulatory issues.
• Researches, interprets and translates regulatory rules and regulations for Senior Management.
• Monitors exception and other internal reports for adherence with applicable rules and regulations.
• Advises Senior Compliance Management on issues that involve possible rule violations and potential liability.
• Addresses sensitive compliance issues with Management in assigned functional area.
• Participates in corporate policy discussions related to compliance.
• Reviews documentation related to compliance issues for validity and alignment with organizational policies.
• Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to senior management.
• May assist with responses to regulatory agency inquiries.
• May contribute to compliance training programs in conjunction with other compliance activities
• Reports compliance program status and activities to compliance and business management personnel.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge of:
• Concepts, practices and procedures of investment advisory, securities industry and/or banking compliance reviews.
• Rules and regulations of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (IA40); Securities Exchange Commission (SEC); state; DOL/ERISA; IRC; and banking regulatory agencies.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products.
• Overseeing compliance programs.
• Integrating and aligning compliance processes and procedures with business processes.
• Coordinating complex compliance activities.
• Providing support and guidance for compliance efforts.
• Identifying and implementing controls and quality assurance processes.
• Reviewing materials for compliance with rules and regulations.
• Researching compliance issues.
• Developing compliance training programs.
• Gathering information and preparing oral and written reports.
• Preparing and delivers written and oral presentations.
• Investigating relevant irregularities.
• Making rule-based and analytical decisions.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Interpret and apply securities and/or banking regulations and identify and recommends policy and procedural changes as appropriate.
• Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Maintain currency in securities and/or banking industry rules and regulations and best practices in compliance.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in a related discipline and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Compliance and/or the financial services industry.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Appropriate series license(s) for assigned functional area preferred or the ability to obtain within an established timeframe.
• Additional licenses/certifications demonstrating the candidate’s knowledge/expertise in industry regulation and concepts preferred.
Job: Auditing & Compliance
Organization: RJF Corporate
Title: Sr. Advisor, Compliance
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1900558