Raymond James Financial, Inc. Senior Corporate Action Associate in St. Petersburg, Florida
Under minimal supervision, responds to inquiries, processes, balances and reconciles client and firm positions, related to highly complex corporate actions, which may include both domestic and foreign issues. These actions may be considered either “voluntary”, e.g., exchange offers, election mergers, tenders, rights exercises or “mandatory”, e.g., dividend and interest allocations, reverse splits, mergers, plan of reorganizations, sale/liquidation of Unit Investment Trusts and class action lawsuits. Requires interpretation of legal materials to complete the process. May be required to provide training, guidance, and assistance to other associates as needed. Extensive interaction with internal and external contacts is required to identify, research, and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determines required actions and processes by reading legal/regulatory documents/materials furnished by affected companies.
• Ensures Financial Advisors (FAs) are notified about corporate actions affecting their clients.
• Processes complex international mandatory and/or voluntary corporate action events
• When applicable, receives and processes client elections (instructions).
• Provides answers and information to highly complex or unusual client inquires independent of Supervisor with the Firm held liable for this information.
• Researches highly complex or escalated client issues and responds on behalf of Supervisor/Manager where appropriate.
• Updates client and firm accounts.
• Handles high volume of telephone, fax, and email inquiries regarding past and current corporate actions from Branch and Home Office associates.
• Can perform essential duties of a Corporate Actions Associate.
• Leads the work of Corporate Action Associates and provides cross training, mentoring, and coaching.
• Actively participates in User Agreement Testing (UAT) for systems and new process implementation. Involved in all aspects of testing, including internal audit, troubleshooting and suggested solutions.
• Assists with special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Securities industry related to job responsibilities, department and division.
• Products and concepts relating to financial services industry, including financial instruments, financial management, and cash and capital principles.
• Diverse corporate action events and how they impact clients and the firm
• Claims, 180 Liability Notices, and transformations
• Foreign currency conversions
• Double Taxation Agreements (DTAs)
• Corporate actions department procedures, systems (XSP, SIS, DTC, Euroclear), and concepts.
• General office practices and procedures.
• Interpreting stock records including fails and their impact on clients and the firm
• Processing corporate actions in international markets
• Using Microsoft Office applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communications, spreadsheets and databases at an intermediate to high level.
• Effectively handling client inquiries, ensuring appropriate follow up and taking a proactive service approach whenever possible.
• Taking independent and prompt action to exceed customer needs and ensure client satisfaction
• Effectively balancing customer and organization needs when there is a conflict or challenging problem to be resolved.
• Analyzing operational processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Updating and maintaining procedures on an ongoing basis.
• Operating standard office equipment
• Process highly complex financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform a variety of highly complex or highly technical tasks.
• Demonstrate mental agility; identifying connections between issues; quickly understands, orients to, and learns new assignments.
• Communicates clearly, concisely, and diplomatically, both orally and in written form; consistently demonstrates excellent listening skills
• Exercise sound, independent judgment and determine required actions by reading and interpreting the highly complex legal documents or written correspondence furnished by the affected company, depositories or Information Agents
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Coach, train, and mentor by providing positive and constructive feedback in a forthright manner, articulating behaviors and actions contributing to performance; explains, provides instructions, and demonstrates processes or activities in a way that results in quick improvements.
• Resolve highly complex “out of balance” records, and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Consistently maintain composure under pressure.
• Proactively identifies and acts on opportunities to perform tasks outside of one’s area of responsibility to assist the team or the department.
• Identify potential functional improvements to processes and services provided.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Work in a structured, team-oriented environment with peaks in work volume.
• Be open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years’ experience in Corporate Actions, Financial Services, or related field.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.
Job: Administrative & Support Services
Organization: Raymond James Trust Company Corp
Title: Senior Corporate Action Associate
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1900834
Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Raymond James Financial, Inc. Jobs