Raymond James Financial, Inc. Business Analyst IV - Compliance Systems in St. Petersburg, Florida
Under limited direction with a high level of autonomy, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide solutions to meet user needs. Directs the planning, implementation, and execution of business-specific technology plans. Provides business analysis support for the largest and most complex applications, including analyzing and documenting business processes and translating user requirements to software development teams. Provides training and plans, assigns, monitors and leads the work of others. Leads large, complex and/or cross-functional projects with significant scope and impact on business initiatives. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to established standards and maintains currency in business analysis practices, procedures and techniques.
• Balances conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Consults with users to identify, analyze, refine and document business requirements.
• Coordinates project scheduling with appropriate entities.
• Develops and maintains project schedules and produces project reports and documentation.
• Develops conceptual design documents, including project definition, alternative solutions, scope of work, functional specifications and logical skeletons for new systems.
• Develops recommendations for enterprise-wide productivity and quality improvements, including business process re-engineering.
• Follows up with internal clients about completed tasks to ensure client satisfaction.
• Identifies requirements for testing, develops test plans and scripts and coordinates test transmissions, as required. Tests software.
• Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability;
• Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
• May determine appropriate actions in emergency situations to ensure data is secure and available for use as soon as possible.
• Plans, assigns, monitors and leads the work of others.
• May prepare project proposals and project plans.
• Reviews operational procedures and methods; maps current business processes; defines and analyzes business activities; identifies best practices; and recommends improvements.
• Reviews performance and evaluates results achieved by project teams.
• Serves as a liaison between end users and software development teams, including functioning as a subject matter expert (SME) in translating requirements to software development teams.
• Trains, coaches and mentors others.
• Maintain currency in analyst skills.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Functional, operational and technical requirements of multiple areas and applications.
• Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management, requirements gathering, and current development technologies.
• Concepts, practices and procedures analyzing business processes.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• The use of technology in business.
• The relationship between IT and business.
• Core business competencies such as finance, management, accounting, operations, and marketing.
• Thorough awareness of the business context of a technical solution, including understanding of important concepts such as industry dynamics, the current situation with competitors, and regulatory impacts.
• Diverse financial services industry business knowledge.
• Advanced Business Analysis tools: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Software Engineering Methodology (SEM) process, Change Management, Project Management tools (MS Project), project management through risk analysis, resource loading, and critical path analysis, advanced database query language usage, time tracking tools, Use Case / UML, advanced quality assurance (QA) tool usage for test case development, execution, and defect tracking/issue tracking software.
• Bridging the gap between the business and technology.
• Driving change at a team and department level.
• Presenting ideas and information through all means of communication (written, oral, formal presentation) to upper management in IT or the client community.
• Creating and interpreting process maps and flowcharts.
• Preparing various reports, summaries, surveys and written recommendations.
• Developing and maintaining project plans.
• Developing conceptual design documents, including devising logical skeletons for new systems.
• Conducting usability testing of software applications.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Resolve client issues before they become a problem. Work with teammates and management to address these issues.
• Analyze a business process across multiple functional areas and derive business requirements to solve abstract business requests.
• Effectively multi-task multiple projects concurrently.
• Proactively mentor others, sometimes throughout the department.
• Actively communicate technical and business aspects of work efforts to team members.
• Lead a project meeting.
• Cultivate a positive attitude within the department.
• Decide and act on a direction, then report periodically.
• Champion non-technical project, product and team improvement effort.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Exhibit a positive attitude when dealing with others.
• Follow all internal procedures for handling customer requests.
• Communicate timely and through proper channels to keep customer and upper management informed of the progress of an issue.
• Take personal ownership of issues, following through to issue resolution.
• Attend to detail.
• Analyze and solve logic problems.
• In emergency situations, determine appropriate actions to protect critical systems and data.
• Meet all deadlines created by management or clearly communicate to management the reasons the deadlines are not possible.
• Effectively organize and prioritize all tasks and responsibilities.
• Participate in team projects and activities.
• Demonstrate flexibility in accepting and adapting to change.
• Clear, concise, grammatically correct oral and written communications, including SEM documentation.
• Demonstrate appropriate frequency and level of detail in communications.
• Escalate unresolved issues to others.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Requires advanced level technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines and processes.
• Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience, with some previous experience in the financial services industry.
• Requires previous experience leading projects and providing guidance/training.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 License or the ability to obtain within 18 months required. Raymond James University Industry Specialist certification will be considered an equivalent.
Job: Auditing & Compliance
Organization: Private Client Group
Title: Business Analyst IV - Compliance Systems
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1804133