St. Mary's Good Samaritan Lead Social Worker - Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
Supervises the Social Service Department while completing assessments, discharge planning, and follow-up care. Group therapy, education, and plan of care will be ongoing throughout the continuum of care process.
- Drives the psychosocial assessment in identified time frame and immediately begins discharge planning upon admission
- Directs daily group therapy according to the unit/program schedule.
- Coordinates discharge planning arrangements to skilled nursing, residential and rehabilitation facilities, while completing all required documentation.
- Updates relevant patient information within medical record on a daily basis to assist treatment team in coordinating care plan.
- Schedules the staffing and training for the Social Service Department. Evaluates performance of employees while adhering to the policies and procedures referenced in the code of conduct.
- Performs all other duties according to entity policies/procedures as assigned.
- Masters Social Work (MSW)
- LCSW Required
- 1-3 years’ experience
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Medical Group - 12255 DePaul Drive
Work Locations: SSM Health Medical Group - 12255 DePaul Drive (0125.2) 12255 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044 SSM Health Medical Group - 400 Medical Plaza (0125.41) 400 Medical Plaza Lake St. Louis, 63367 SSM Health Medical Group - 1475 Kisker Road (0125.38) 1475 Kisker Road St. Charles, 63303
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18013719