Benson Industries, Inc. Electrical Assembler in St. Charles, Missouri
- Job Profile Summary
Performs electrical assembly and power up of machines, equipment, and their subassemblies using Lean and 5S methodologies and by following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
Assemble electrical sub assemblies and panels per drawing and/or work instructions with supervision
Bend conduit and solder components
Recognize wire and conduit types and their usage and use correct terminology to describe each
Understand both AC and DC type circuits
Maintain clean and organized work area
Perform other duties as assigned B Class: (all of the above including)
Read and understand electrical schematics and ladder diagrams
Wire machinery per instruction or engineered drawings
Use basic electrical test equipment and understand the readings
Perform final hook-up of electrical connections
Assist other electricians when needed. A Class: (all of the above including)
Demonstrated knowledge of electrical formulas and their applications
Troubleshoot and correct problems with equipment
Use all electronic test equipment and understand readings
Demonstrated knowledge of PLC components and their functions
Effectively use PC or laptop computer
Prepare product for shipment and load shipments as needed.
Assist other electricians and act in a leading role on jobs requiring more than one employee.
- Education and/or Experience:High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Computer Skills: Windows Operating Systems. PLC software knowledge (GE, Allen Bradley, & Mitsubishi)
- Other Requirements:Have basic understanding of electric, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- C Class: Possess good mechanical background with the ability to use hand tools and small power tools.
- Read a scale or tape rule with 1/32 inch increments accurately.
- B Class: (all of the above including) Ability to read and follow mechanical drawings and schematics and have a general knowledge of layout work.
- Understand pneumatics, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical components.
- A Class: (all of the above including) Ability to read and understand PLC program logic and Ladder diagrams. Demonstrated ability to identify issues and provide sound practical solutions.
Tracking Code: 1336-253
Job Location: St. Charles, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular