Experience Inc. Jobs

Job Information

Perspecta Systems Engineering Manager in Springfield, Virginia


Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.

Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.

Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.

Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories


Description: The Systems Engineering and Integration for the NSG program provides full lifecycle, systems engineering and integration services for the NSG to include: strategic planning, project management, architecture definition, requirements analysis, schedule analysis, security engineering, development oversight, systems tests, enterprise readiness and transition to operations. Due to the growing demand for services, the program requires an additional Engineering Manager (EM) to perform a multi-faceted leadership role in corporate, program and strategic disciplines. The EM will lead the SE&I and management staff in foundational systems engineering disciplines corporately and in program/project execution. The EM provides management to Perspecta personnel, including, career planning and development, performance assessment, merit planning, staff recognition, disciplinary actions, and technical advice for the functional team. On program responsibilities will include collaboration with the Functional Area PM/DPM on the personnel and technical leadership, planning and execution of program rhythms for a multi-project, multi-contractor systems engineering organization. The EM provides key managements functions with the Functional Area PM/DPM, peer managers, and the SEIN Program Operations organization by reviewing and editing position descriptions for staffing needs, creating and maintaining staffing plans, and coordinating the recruitment of qualified candidates for open positions. Engineering planning and leadership with the ability to identify critical needs and gaps, shape and apply program and corporate engineering practices to solve customer challenges will be paramount. A strong understanding of systems engineering on systems integration programs is essential to ensure technical and programmatic quality control standards are achieved for all deliverables. The preferred candidate will possess exceptional organizational and communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and be a proven self-starter with the ability to engage senior customer personnel. Each Engineering Manager has a program position (technical or business related) that requires at least 80% of their time. Commitment for corporate engineering management responsibilities varies, but averages the remaining 20%.


Required Qualifications: - Bachelor’s degree with 16+ years of relevant experience - Demonstrated functional management, program and/or project management experience - Demonstrated Systems Engineering and Integration experience - Ability to work with customers to resolve technical and programmatic issues and to make changes based on customer vision - Ability to provide effective guidance to employees, motivate personnel, and resolve conflicts - Strong interpersonal skills - Excellent communication skills - A funded position on the SEIN Program

Desired Qualifications: - Operating knowledge of NSG systems and processes

Submit employee referral

Connect With Us!

Not ready to apply?for general consideration.

Req # 2019-54670

Category Engineering

# of Openings 1

Job Location US-Springfield-VA

Clearance Top Secret/SCI