Applied Insight Systems Engineer in Springfield, Virginia
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Candidate shall have a broad engineering background to support US Marshals hosted infrastructure supporting agents in the field. Infrastructure includes Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Applications. In addition to on-premise equipment, individual will support hosted infrastructure in Azure Cloud.
· Engineering and Administration support for on-premise hosted infrastructure as well as hosted infrastructure in Azure cloud
· Provide web site administration and custom content creation
· Will be responsible for internal systems, COTS applications, database, VMs, Multifactor Authentication using RSA SecurID, Log Analysis, Solarwinds Products, Storage Arrays, Genetec Security Surveillance, and Load Balancer
· Must have skills to install, configure, and maintain Virtualization Networking, firewalls, VPN, wireless, UCS, ISE, Firepower, and posture assessment within internal environment
· Must have skills to maintain Cisco Firewalls, FTDs, ISE, FirePower, Routers, and Switches
· Must have skills and broad knowledge of other Microsoft systems infrastructure products such as Azure, PowerShell Scripting, Windows Servers, SQL Database, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and Exchange
· Experience utilizing Azure for application hosting
· Install, configure and manage VMware vSphere & VDI Environment
· Configure VMware Distributed Resource Scheduling, High Availability and Fault Tolerance
· Install, configure and manage VMware ESX hosts, App-V
· Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware vSphere Environment
· Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software, communications devices
· Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
· Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
· Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
· Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
· Participates in special projects as required
· Must be team player and willing to learn
· VMware vSphere 6.x+, VDI
· Tintri/Nibmle Storage Array
· Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
· MS SQL, AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
· MS Exchange 2016
· Cisco Firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS, UCS, ISE, FirePower
· RSA SecurID
· Load Balancer
· Azure Cloud
· Log Analysis
· PaloAlto Firewall
· PowerShell Scripting
· Experience creating and providing user guidance, documentation, and consultation.
· Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· A minimum of 8 year’s consulting experience with daily client interaction and proven ability to gather and assess business requirements, develop and present solution alternatives, produce design and migration strategy documents, provide guidance and knowledge transfer to client staff, and test / implement an approved design
Clearance: U.S. citizenship is required. Ability to achieve and maintain TS Clearance
Requisition ID: 2019-1378
Street: 8720 Morrissette Drive