U.S. Army Military Surface Deployment and Distribu Surveillance Inspector (Motor Vehicle Operator/Fork Lift Operator) in Southport, North Carolina
About the Position:596th Transportation Brigade provides surface deployment and distribution services from Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point, Military Ocean Terminal Concord, the West Coast and Alaska, in order to project combat power and lethality and meet our nation's strategic objectives.
Learn more about this agency
- Perform physical inspections for incoming and outgoing explosive cargo and conveyances
- Inspect lifting/hoisting devices, ramps and material handling
- Use gauges, test set equipment, ammunition peculiar equipment (APE), calibrated precision instruments, and inspection tools to perform inspections
- Monitor work performed by contract labor on explosive operations to insure compliance with regulations
- Operate equipment for inspection of containers to include container handlers, forklifts, yard tractors and carryall vans
- Ensure personnel, operations and activities are in compliance with operating procedures and explosive safety directives
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
6501 Miscellaneous Ammunitions, Explosives, and Toxic Matter Work
- Explosives Workers
Conditions of Employment
- This position may require some TDY travel ? approximately 10%.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state's driver?s license
- THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE LAUTENBERG AMENDMENT
- Must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. Department of Army Driver?s license for equipment. US Military license for operating Container handling equipment (CHE), super-stacker and various forklifts) and other equipment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Incumbent must be able to successfully pass a physical examination
- Successful completion of the following ammunition courses: 1. Ammunition Computer Based Course; 2. ISO/MILVAN Re-inspection AMMO-43; and 3. Technical Transportation Hazardous Material AMMO-62
- Position is Inclement weather essential
- This is a Drug Testing Position. Position requires that employee pass screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and subsequent periodic drug screening thereafter
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen-Out Element):Ability to perform common Surveillance Inspector (Motor Vehicle Operator/Fork Lift Operator) duties. Perform inspection operations using calibrated instruments (i.e. gauges, ammunition peculiar equipment); inspecting ammunition/explosive cargos and specialized packing materials; inspecting material handling equipment, ramps and operational areas; utilizing computer skills to create reports and retrieve information for container load drawings; and reporting deficiencies identified during inspections. Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc.
- Dexterity and Safety
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Use of Measuring Instruments
Duties involve frequent walking, bending, stooping and standing for long periods on various surfaces and in work areas in tiring uncomfortable positions. Frequent lifting up to 40 pounds is required and lifting of over 40 pounds with assistance.
Works under extremely hazardous conditions as regards to exposure to ammunition and explosives both in packaged and loose form. Work is done inside in areas that are hot, cold, damp, drafty, or poorly lighted or outside in prevailing weather conditions. Work will be performed on board ships/vessels docks or anchored off-shore or tied to shore side wharf. Work may be dirty, dusty and greasy. The worker is exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, bruises, falls or accidents with moving equipment. Employee is required to wear safety shoes, coveralls, face shields, goggles, masks, gloves, hard hat, hearing protection and/or other safety equipment and clothing while engaged in various surveillance operations and inspections.
Incumbent is required to understand and speak English fluently; understand technical and difficult instructions and directives, both oral and written; and articulate issues and situations in a technical discussion.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 33 - Ammunition Management position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume. 2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply:Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 04/26/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Applyto access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10464915).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
DN-APF-W6TCAA 596TH USA TRANS SURF BDE DO NOT MAIL Fort Bragg, NC 28310 US
Learn more about this agency
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530162300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/16/2019 to 04/26/2019
Pay scale & grade: WG 10
Salary: $26.98 to $31.47 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time