Raymond James Financial, Inc. Senior Maintenance Technician in Southfield, Michigan
Under general supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through experience and training to provide service and support for all Home Office departments and building systems through general building maintenance and repair; including carpentry, minor HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and minor electrical responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete inter-departmental work orders and requests for general carpentry.
• Ability to assist Electrical and HVAC teams with various tasks.
• Performs regular routine maintenance on HVAC equipment to include changing filters and make VAV zone temperature adjustments.
• Performs general plumbing maintenance, repairs and replacements.
• Maintenance of our water softeners and adding salt per maintenance specifications and operations.
• Troubleshoot and minor repairs to water softeners / sand filters.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on building mechanical systems.
• Emergency building evacuation response.
• Elevator extraction response.
• Support and maintain cafeteria equipment.
• Ability to operate forklift or ability to learn inclusive of safety training within 30 days.
• Complies with safety rules and regulations, employs safe work practices and corrects unsafe working conditions and behaviors as required.
• Set up, operate and trouble shot videoconferencing and projection equipment.
• Clean and maintain architectural fountains, repair of filters and pumps.
• Maintain cafeteria grease traps and report deficiencies.
• Provide customer service and support to set up classroom walls, tables and chairs in approved configuration to support in-house events.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General carpentry and maintenance knowledge sufficient to repair doors, sheetrock and ceiling; assemble shelving or keyboard trays; replace light fixtures; move existing door locks and cuts keys.
• General plumbing knowledge sufficient to replace assembly, turns off water supplies, and unclogs drains.
• Knowledge of audio/visual equipment sufficient to setup and assist users, or ability to learn functions over a two-week training period.
• Proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• Providing courteous and efficient customer service.
• Operating and troubleshooting audio/visual equipment.
• Repair and replacement of plumbing fixtures.
• General carpentry.
• Patching drywall and painting.
• Operating fork lift.
• Time management skills and initiative sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Respond to emergency calls during scheduled “on-call” weekends and evenings.
• Mobility sufficient to traverse on-site and off-site buildings, including rooftops, stairwells, and catwalk.
• Ascend/descent and work upon ladders up to fourteen feet in height.
• Provide strong customer service.
• Lift, to waist height or above and carry over several feet equipment and materials using proper lifting techniques.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Comply with safety rules and regulations and employ safe work practices.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of four (4) years of experience working in a maintenance and repairs of general building systems and mechanical operations.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Forklift Certification / Ability to Obtain within 120 days.
• 10 Hour OSHA Certification / Ability to Obtain within 120 days.
Job: Facilities Management
Organization: Office Services Admin
Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
Requisition ID: 1902250
Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Raymond James Financial, Inc. Jobs