Raymond James Financial, Inc. Multi-Trade Tech/Critical Facility Systems Specialist in Southfield, Michigan
Under minimal supervision uses specialized knowledge and skills, obtained through education, experience and/or training, to provide service and support for building maintenance and repair, including carpentry, minor HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and minor electrical responsibilities, and to oversee the engineering requirements for critical facility systems. Requires regular contact with internal customers, partners and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the installation and maintenance for the Electrical, HVAC, and General Maintenance divisions within Facilities Plant Operations
• May lead the work of others.
• Maintains work area, tools and equipment in safe, clean, and orderly condition.
• Coaches, mentors and trains less experienced Facility Plant Operation technicians
• Coordinates the scheduling of work with staff and other associates.
• Completes inter-departmental work orders.
• Complies with safety rules and regulations, employs safe work practices and corrects unsafe working conditions and behaviors as required.
• Installs and repairs electrical circuits for power, lights, and low voltage including data, phone and satellite television.
• Performs regular maintenance on HVAC and other equipment, including filter changes, lubrication and zone temperature adjustments
• Performs general plumbing repairs, installations and replacements
• Repair copper plumbing utilizing soldering and/or brazing techniques.
• Repairs fan motors, variable air volume and electric reheat boxes
• Installs, relocates or replaces HVAC and other equipment using blueprints, plans, or sketches.
• Maintains evaporator and condenser coils.
• Modifies and reworks ductwork including supply and return air drops.
• Remains current in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, HVAC, and plumbing, including national and local codes.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications, if applicable. .
• Maintains general maintenance materials inventory and orders supplies with designated approved vendors.
• Liaison with vendors in scheduling and completing contracted Electrical, HVAC and General maintenance work or special projects.
• Performs sheetrock repair, painting, ceiling tile replacement and grid repairs as necessary.
• Tests and regulates water softness in the buildings through maintenance of our water softeners per maintenance specifications and operations.
• Responds to and assesses building alarms.
• Monitors all facility electrical, mechanical, structural, life safety and critical back-up systems and apprise management of any conditions with the potential to impact business operations.
• Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the facility’s systems and equipment and be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• Makes recommendations for preventative maintenance (PM) frequencies and ensures PM specifications are completed and followed for all mission critical systems with a minimum disruption of building services
• Member of a core team responsible for installation and commissioning of new equipment.
• Develops and implements effective standard operating procedures (SOP), method of procedures (MOP), and emergency operating procedures (EOP) that promote the safe, efficient and reliable operation of all mission critical facilities, as well as maximize availability.
• Develops and implements an effective training and testing program for all data center engineering and maintenance personnel. Emphasis should include infrastructure design, systems operation, preventive/predictive maintenance, change control process, switching procedures, and communication protocol.
• Member of the team responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of all Southfield critical infrastructure (electrical/mechanical/fire) systems while maintaining 100% uptime.
• Manages mission critical equipment vendors and maintenance contractors.
• Ensures strict adherence to critical facility work rules and safety procedures. Also ensures compliance with legal, regulatory, audit, safety, and environmental issues.
• Drafts incident reports to provide management with the details and timelines of major building related issues.
• Maintain parts and equipment inventory for repairs, as required
• Coordinates on-the-ground support surrounding the methodical shut down of critical building systems in a Business Continuity situation.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Concepts, techniques, practices, procedures, rules and regulations associated with electrical, HVAC, plumbing and general maintenance.
• Codes, practices, methods, procedures; and tools and equipment used in installation, maintenance and repair of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and general maintenance.
• Air conditioning principles including air flow balancing and associated environmental rules and regulations,
• Technical manuals, drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams associated with HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing systems and equipment.
• General carpentry and maintenance knowledge sufficient to repair doors, sheetrock and ceiling; assemble shelving or keyboard trays; replace light fixtures; move existing door locks and cuts keys.
• General plumbing knowledge sufficient to replace assembly, turns off water supplies, and unclogs drains.
• Mission Critical Data Center Infrastructure
• Building infrastructure systems including but not limited to alarm system theory and application; lighting; electrical distribution systems; uninterruptible power system theory and application including emergency generation backup systems
• Knowledge of audio/visual equipment sufficient to setup and assist users.
• Safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• Advanced concepts, practices and procedures associated with electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
• Federal, National, State and Local building codes.
• Environmental rules and regulations.
• Able to work independently for long periods of time.
• Using electrical test equipment.
• Using hand and power tools.
• Installing and labeling wiring and wiring devices.
• Ability to read scaled drawings and execute installation per drawings.
• Performing maintenance on HVAC systems and equipment.
• Diagnosing, repairing and testing failures of HVAC systems and equipment.
• Installing, altering, repairing and replacing HVAC systems and equipment.
• Repair and replacement of plumbing fixtures.
• General carpentry.
• Patching drywall and painting.
• Changing, removing and installing system components.
• Calibrating, troubleshooting and repairing pneumatic controls.
• Establishing and maintaining working relationships with contracted vendors.
• Writing technical documents for both procedural and explanatory purposes.
• Developing and implementing preventive maintenance schedules.
• Providing courteous and efficient customer service.
• Operating and troubleshooting audio/visual equipment.
• Operating fork lift.
• Time management skills and initiative sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including work flow management and CAD.
• Adhere to Raymond James and Facilities Plant Operations safe work practices and procedures.
• Lead the work of others.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Monitor and inspect the work of others.
• Provide training to others, as required.
• Influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired results.
• Read, comprehend and apply information from blueprints and drawings; technical manuals; and journals and other technical literature.
• Analyze complex problems and situations with critical building infrastructure systems and develop and recommend innovative solutions.
• Plan, assign, monitor, and evaluate the work of outside critical systems support vendors.
• Respond to building infrastructure emergencies 24/7.
• Mobility sufficient to traverse on-site and off-site buildings, including rooftops, stairwells, and catwalk.
• Ascend/descend ladders up to fourteen feet in height.
• Comply with safety rules and regulations and employ safe work practices.
• Translate and analyze technical manuals, drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams associated with mission critical building infrastructure systems.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a maintenance and repairs of general building systems and mechanical operations.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience or training.
• Completed or willing to obtain 2 years of trade school technical training.
• Forklift certification or willing to obtain.
• 30-Hour OSHA certification (or ability to obtain in 120 days).
• Certifications preferred in General Contracting/Builder’s License, Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC.
Job: Facilities Management
Organization: Office Services Admin
Title: Multi-Trade Tech/Critical Facility Systems Specialist
Requisition ID: 1901570
Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Raymond James Financial, Inc. Jobs