Swagelok 1_Engineer_Manufacturing_Senior in Solon, Ohio
The primary role of the Senior Reliability Engineer is to improve asset availability. The Reliability Engineer will utilize equipment history, root cause analysis, and statistical methods to drive out repetitive equipment failures. The Reliability Engineer also develops the equipment asset management plan, maintenance documentation, and plans for new equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with project engineering to ensure the maintainability of new and modified installations
• Participates in the final check out of such installations
• Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems
• Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the Preventive/Predictive maintenance process in pursuit of optimization
• Develops instructions on operation and care of equipment
• Develops/Consults on Comprehensive lubrication program (requirements, frequencies, and methods of application)
• Develops plans for Inspections, adjustments, replacements, overhauls for selected equipment
• Has a thorough understanding of vibration analysis, thermography and other predictive analysis tools and the interpretation of results
• Recommends Protection for equipment from environment
• Coordinates these efforts with asset proprietors and maintenance management to ensure thorough understanding, approval and endorsement by all parties
• Coordinates with planner/scheduler to ensure that PM/PdM services and inspections are scheduled and performed within due and that resultant corrective work is promptly performed
• Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal costs
• Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance problems
• Identifies and corrects chronic, repetitive failures and costly equipment problems
• Analyze Equipment History to assure effectiveness of all maintenance efforts in combination
• Performs Root Cause Analysis
• Provides technical advice to maintenance and asset proprietors
• Implements methods to reduce the need for maintenance and ultimately eliminate the occurrence of failures
• Increase Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
• Decreases Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
• Supports Planner/Scheduler in development of technically, environmentally or safely complex work procedures
• Routinely contributes to the planning of realistic production capacity based upon analysis of preventive maintenance time needs, failure history
• Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
• Develops a standardized program that influences the selection of materials, equipment and spare parts
• Ensures that spare parts list, equipment manuals and prints are provided for all new installations and that they are consistent with established standards
• Remains abreast of and applies advancing maintenance technology as applicable
• Works closely with Maintenance Technicians to understand equipment conditions, RCA of chronic issues and proactive maintenance strategies and tactics.
• Mentors less experienced engineering
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Reliability, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering is required.
Experience: Five or more years of experience with production equipment operation or a masters degree with 3 years experience. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage projects and to lead teams. Candidates must also demonstrate computer skills using MS applications, Control, and Swagelok Data Warehouse. Candidates should be able to manipulate and analyze data to make recommendations for equipment improvement.
Skills/Knowledge: Strong mechanical aptitude. Basic statistical analysis and DOE skills required.
Education: Master’s degree
• Self-Awareness: Emotional Self-Awareness, Accurate Self-Assessment, Self-Confidence
• Self-Management: Emotional Self-Control, Transparency, Adaptability, Achievement, Initiative, Optimism
• Social Awareness: Empathy, Organizational Awareness, Service Orientation
• Relationship Management: Developing Others, Inspirational Leadership, Change Catalyst, Influence, Conflict Management, Teamwork & Collaboration
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
- Swagelok Jobs