Continental Corporation S&T (AV) - Senior Engineer, Perception Software in Singapore, Singapore
S&T (AV) - Senior Engineer, Perception Software
• Development of software algorithms using data of sensors for the perception of driverless vehicles
• Create software algorithms processing data from camera, radar and laser sensors.
• Combine sensor data into holistic representation of the vehicles environment leveraging sensor fusion and environmental model solutions
• Pushing the boundaries in terms of scenarios and features and reflecting them in test campaigns
• Extract perception requirements for operational scenarios of driverless vehicles and turn them into sensor line-up and extraction algorithm strategies
• Close alignment and exchange of experiences with Continental worldwide perception team to close gaps, improve perception capabilities and cover more operational areas of driverless vehicles
• Focus on perception solutions for asset relative navigation, object detection and tracking, sense and avoid, and navigation in cluttered environments.
• Min Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable qualification
• 3+ professional experience in automotive, software engineering.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in raw data processing, computer vision and sensor fusion using e. g. camera, lidar, radar data
• Advanced knowledge in Robotics (SLAM, localization, large scale mapping) and related Artificial Intelligence technologies (Deep Learning) is an advantage
• Knowledge in software architecture methods and object-oriented programming languages (e. g. Python, C++) is an advantage.
• Experienced in systematic problem-solving approaches
• Experience in Agile development methods of advantage (Scrum, Kanban)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical skills.
• Business fluent in written and spoken English
• Willingness to travel
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Chassis and Safety
- Continental Corporation Jobs