RailWorks Surveyor in Silver Spring, Maryland
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20181207-41505-001
HOME COMPANY: Track Services - Northeast
COMPANY LOCATION: Track Services - Sewell, NJ
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
The Rail Surveyor will be Responsible for the review and implementation of track survey controls and geometry from design to construction. Responsibilities include planning, performing, and analyzing reports of work required to perform these tasks.
Experience and knowledge of track geometry and alignment. Will need required to collect and correlate control points provided by others and implement into track geometry control points and off-sets. Extensive knowledge of the Trimble GEDO system required. Additional duties will include engineering assistance in reference to submittals, scheduling, cost management.
In addition, they will be required to produce, check and approve railway project survey strategy reports and associated documentation, and to represent the Discipline Lead at design development and review meetings and workshops. The role will also involve producing health & safety paperwork and performing occasional due-diligence audits ensuring quality and safety surveys are delivered. Flexibility will be required with travel and working arrangements.
• A degree in Surveying, Civil Engineering or equivalent career experience (minimum of 5 years work experience)
• Experience and knowledge of track geometry and alignment.
• Extensive knowledge of the Trimble GEDO system required.
• Leadership of survey teams
• Effective communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Ability to prioritize and plan work safely and effectively with the coordination of track access in collaboration with the client and subcontractors.
• Good understanding of survey requirements multi-discipline railway design and construction projects
• Proficient in using GNSS, Total Stations. Laser Scanner and levelling equipment (Trimble/Leica) and provide technical support both on site and within the office.
• Capable of data processing, interpretation and the ability to produce technical reports.
• Proficient in the use of Microstation and AutoCAD
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled).
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)