Mentor, A Siemens Business Cloud Services Automation Engineer - Fixed Term Contract- 10066 in Shannon, Ireland
Cloud Services Automation Engineer - Fixed Term Contract- 10066
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Cloud Services Automation Engineer - 10066
Job Location: Ireland - Shannon
Job Category: Information Technology
Mentor, a Siemens Business, is seeking experienced Cloud Services Engineers to join our existing team in Shannon on a fixed-term contract basis; to assist in development & support of our hybrid cloud strategy, hybrid cloud infrastructure and the automation framework for creating, migrating, deploying and managing workloads (both Virtual Machines and Docker Containers) in these environments. Responsibilities will include:
This role will be key in the development & implementation of our Internal/External (Hybrid) Cloud Strategy; in identification and selection of appropriate cloud platform(s) to meet requirements of strategy; and the development & support of internal cloud infrastructure provisioning capabilities and automation required to deploy workloads, leveraging Kubernetes and the incumbent VMware’s vCloud Advanced Suite.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation and enhancement of Continuous Deployment automation built on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Developing automation to ensure security across a geographically dispersed hosting environment.
- Helping product teams use Kubernetes and shaping best practices
- Create and maintain scripts that automate cloud operations and service end users
- Manage and develop an internal automated Regression Test Suite
- Assist with operation and support global virtualization & container based services from three global data centres (USA, EMEA & Asia), comprising 900+ hosts and 22,000+ VM and a growing containers based infrastructure.
- Automation of administration, operations, monitoring and provisioning functions to improve reliability, efficiency and consistency
- Work with internal customers (software & sales engineers) to identify opportunities to exploit cloud services to gain efficiencies in business processes
- Deliver and maintain a complex globally available virtual infrastructure for both Containers and Virtual Machines.
• BSc in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent; with experience in software engineering and/or developing automation.
• Deep understanding of scalable computing systems and a solid background in Unix/ Linux and Windows-based administration on highly available distributed systems
• Current knowledge of relevant technology in the virtual infrastructure offerings
• Excellent collaboration and documentation skills
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
• Strong scripting skills (I.e. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc…)
• Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Experience with revision control source code repositories, Configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, ansible), continuous integration methodologies and toolsets (e.g. Jenkins)
• Experience with automated testing tools and test driven development
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal development organizations