Hilton Duty Manager in Shanghai, China
A Duty Manager with Hilton Hotels and Resorts keeps constant vigilance of activity on and around the hotel property and reports, with documentation, incidents with the intent of improving the safety and security of Guests, Team Members, and others.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a Duty Manager, you are the first point of contact for dealing with any General management related inquiries that arise within the hotel. The position predominately involves face-to-face contact with Guests and represents Senior-level hotel management in their absence. It is also the Management contact point for any hotel operational issues that arise that cannot be resolved by the department. Specifically, the Duty Manager will perform the following tasks at the highest level of service
- Be visible in the hotel lobby and other public areas, particularly during busy times
- Engage Guests in conversation and provide general assistance, as requested
- Ensure that all Guest complaints are handled promptly and completely
- Meet and greet VIP Guests and major corporate clients upon arrival
- Coordinate the services and special facilities provided to extended-stay Guests
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all credit procedures and ensure they are applied properly
- Offer current knowledge on all hotel products, services, policies, and emergency procedures
- Monitor Guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
- Handle any management issues or emergencies that arise, record them as required, and remediate as required
What are we looking for?
A Duty Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of Front Office supervisory experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector Current knowledge (proof of valid qualifications required) of health, safety, and security procedures
- Calm, efficient, and the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook computer programs
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of Guest service
- Meticulous grooming and presentation
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest ooms
Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry
Job: Guest Services/Operations
Title: Duty Manager
Requisition ID: HOT01V1C