Cisco CAEE Incident Manager - Corporate Function in Shanghai, China
CAEE Incident Manager - Corporate Function
Location: Shanghai, China
Additional Location(s) Bangalore, Hong Kong, AUS
Area of Interest Customer Experience
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1251270
The Business Entity
The Customer Assurance Incident Management (CA IM) team provides incident management support for key customer accounts and strategic Cisco technologies. The team ensures timely and successful resolution of the highest severity customer-impacting incidents to restore both service and satisfaction. The team also provides insightful feedback to other internal organizations to improve the overall customer experience and improve our own service deliverables. In addition, the team leads Cisco’s response to customer catastrophic outages in collaboration with TAC Duty Managers and, if necessary, the Customer Assurance (Critical Accounts) Program. The team holds accountability to work with other cross-functional teams to achieve these results.
The Customer Assurance Incident Manager (CA IM) is primarily responsible for successfully managing customer incidents and escalations by swiftly engaging and leading the right business partners to resolve an issue. The team supports a variety of accounts and technologies which will periodically change, keeping in line with current business priorities. These priority accounts and technologies are defined in collaboration with business partners in TAC and Sales with focus on filling gaps in those areas which may be underserved yet strategic to Cisco’s business and the customer relationship. The Incident Manager will be part of a global team which may offer 24x7 coverage for identified accounts and will contribute to resolving incidents impacting any customer in the program, working with teammates in various geographies to ensure complete coverage and facilitate successful hand-offs as necessary.
During a catastrophic outage situation, the IM will quickly assess the situation and work directly with engineers troubleshooting an issue as well as ensure other necessary resources are promptly engaged. The IM will drive all necessary internal communications until service is restored.
The IM must possess an ability to assess the criticality of situations and determine the optimal path to resolution. Knowledge of standard Cisco escalation procedures and various organizational responsibilities is required as well as the ability to know when to engage these organizations.
Flexibility is a key quality in Customer Assurance employees who are frequently called upon to quickly adjust to changing business needs and priorities even if this requires a fundamental temporary or permanent shift in responsibilities. Customer Assurance mobilizes the company to respond to situations that put our customers at risk and enables Cisco to pursue high-stakes opportunities. Our culture demands we always do what is best for the customer and for Cisco. Our values are a committed customer mindset, proven leadership, and a “whatever it takes” attitude, while always having each other’s back.
Additional Role & Responsibilities
· Will be required to work non-standard business hours (Thursday-Monday) to ensure timely resolution of incidents. The CA IM will be provided appropriate tools and devices to facilitate remote work
· Will be required to participate in weekly rotation as team’s on-call first responder to catastrophic outages
· Successfully manage incidents on behalf of our customers by identifying the appropriate action plan and engaging Cisco-wide resources to execute the plan; drive to customer restoration and satisfaction
· Maintain status of all active cases utilizing appropriate tools
· When warranted, work with input from other CA teams, identify customer experience insights and data appropriate for executive audiences to drive actionable business improvements
· Ability to assess critical situations and drive appropriate resources and behaviors to resolve incidents
· Ability to perform situational risk assessment and mitigation
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills demonstrating understanding of different audience care-about
· Strong leadership skills with ability to lead virtual teams and manage without authority
· Must demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, impartiality, and integrity
· Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· BS in business, technology/engineering or communications, or related experience
· Must possess sound business and analytical skills
· Must be fluent in English language, both written and verbal
· Must be familiar with or be able to quickly learn Cisco escalation processes
· Must be familiar with various Cisco organizations and roles which typically interact with and support customers
· Previous customer-facing experience desired
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.