Republic Services Salesforce Developer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Salesforce Developer develops, configures, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software, enhancements to existing proprietary software or purchased software packages. In conjunction with functional users and IT Business Systems personnel, the Salesforce Developer assists with the design and documentation of the Company’s application software environment, and is responsible for contributing to application development projects of medium to high complexity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Conceptualizes, prepares and creates detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
• Writes, tests, analyzes, and implements high quality code according to specifications.
• Complies with all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Assists others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding and makes recommendations pertaining to system design and solutions.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Contributes to project plans for application software implementation activities of medium level of complexity and may coordinate and oversee the implementation.
• Maintains and builds strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
• Follows Salesforce.com’s best practices and guidelines in implementing solutions
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Java and Java-Script development (Required).
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with data retrieval and integration across multiple platforms (Required).
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field of study.
• Salesforce.com Developer Certifications (DEV 401 and DEV 501).
• Experience using Visual Force, Apex and Trigger.
• Experience with relational databases and data warehouse concepts.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.