Acton Mobile Field Service Technician in Savannah, Georgia
Williams Scotsman, Inc., headquartered in historic Fell’s Point, Baltimore, MD, is a leading provider of space solutions for the construction, education, energy, industrial, commercial/retail, healthcare, and government markets. We serve approximately 50,000 customers with space solution needs each day, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation and a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry’s most talented staff and management team. Furthermore, our values of Collaboration, Excellence, Empowerment and innovation continue to guide us towards not only achieving our true potential, but also creating a work environment which is inclusive and allows every person to thrive here at WS!
The Field Service Technician is responsible for proving outstanding customer service while troubleshooting and servicing of all trailers in the field. These activities should be conducted in a timely and cost efficient manner. The Field Service Technician is expected to fully comply with all Williams Scotsman policies and all relevant laws and regulations. Success in this role will be dependent on the ability to conduct branch operations activities in a safe, timely and high-quality manner with excellent communication.
Branch Operations Leader / Field Supervisor
- Acts in accordance with Williams Scotsman Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies.
- Leads and acts to promote employee health and safety results through creating a safer workplace, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Attends periodic safety meetings
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water to ensure road worthiness.
- Maintains safe operation of the trucks on a daily basis. Pre-trip and DOT inspections are to be completed prior to daily departure. Coordinates with service coordinator to schedule all service and preventative maintenance on trucks.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
Fleet & Efficient Use of Resources
- Conducts service calls in branch territories as assigned.
- Schedules work and manages spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness
- Performs repairs to mobile office trailers including framing and finish carpentry, electrical, flooring, plumbing, painting, running gear, and all other facets of modular building repair.
- Perform modifications as requested by customers.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all equipment/tools/parts/VAPS needed for service tasks.
- Maintains trucks/vans in proper condition, proactive scheduling all service needs.
- Provide courteous customer service as needed over the phone and in person. Explain all repairs and services to customers.
- Ensure that trailers are ready for scheduled delivery dates at stated quality levels.
- Perform service related tasks in the yard as requested.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Performs HVAC system checks and maintenance per company guidelines
- May be assigned all duties pertaining to Branch Service Tech (see JD) as business dictates.
- Ensures On Time in Full Deliveries and Returns
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction. Explains all repairs and services to customers.
- Drives high levels of product quality
- Performs check-in/out (off/on rent) inspections of off rented buildings by physically inspecting to determine repair scope of work, as well as damages for invoicing the customer. Create floor plan drawings as needed.
- Assists in ordering materials and unloading material deliveries.
- Forklift operations.
- Office maintenance and repair as needed.
- Provides training and direction to other service personnel to ensure all guidelines and time frames are met.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job experience & skills requirements
- Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communication skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, shop personnel as well as William Scotsman employees at various branch locations.
- Must have carpentry knowledge and experience. Electrical, plumbing, and welding experience is helpful.
- Also, a general contractor’s license is preferred.
- A current valid license and a good driving record are required.
- Must have knowledge and experience with HVAC equipment and appliances. Must hold appropriate licenses as required by law.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- 2+ years of experience with customer relationship management preferred
Abilities and Other Requirements: Capacity to perform work in a variety of work environments from a professional office environment to branch shop environment to customer construction sites is required. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines.
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to move about the various work environments to train, monitor and ensure compliance with all company requirements, including safety. Additional physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly on a daily basis.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to work with a variety of hand tools in a proficient manner
- Ability to climb a ladder up to 25 feet
- Ability to drive/travel in truck for multiple hours on a daily basis
- Eyesight and Auditory Skills must be sufficient to meet safety expectations of the position.
- Ability to stand and perform manual labor for multiple hours on a daily basis.
Compensation & Benefits Information
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Program with Company Match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays & Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
Williams Scotsman, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For further information on Williams Scotsman, Inc., see our website at www.willscot.com. Job requisition number NA00967
Job Number: NA00967
Contract type: Permanent
Schedule type: Full Time