Golder Associates Junior Air Quality Specialist in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Junior Air Quality Specialist to join our Environmental Remediation team on a one (1) year contract based in Calgary or Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
· Carrying out greenhouse gas and air quality assessments including emission inventory development, data analysis, calculations, meteorology, atmospheric dispersion modelling, and reporting
· Field work including source identification, data collection, and ambient air quality and noise monitoring
· Instrument set up, calibration, data acquisition and analysis, other environmental disciplines may also be included (e.g. wildlife, vegetation, contaminated sites)
· Assist on multi-disciplinary projects with data analysis and reporting
· Assist in the preparation of proposals and project reports as directed
· Assist with business development and client support under the direction of intermediate and senior staff
· Contributing to the business and technical mission of a multi-disciplinary team environment within Environmental Remediation and related technical discipline groups
· Interface and collaborate with other technical staff both in Canada and globally
You will have a background in:
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering or a related scientific discipline
· 0-3 years of previous experience working in the environmental services profession with oil and gas, and mining experience is an asset
· A commitment towards carrying out your work safely and supporting the safe work of those you work with
· Experience in environmental consulting
· Knowledge of industrial processes
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Possess a valid driver’s license and the willingness to travel as required
· Well-developed computer skills (e.g. Excel, programming in Visual Basic, Matlab, etc.) would be an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Junior Air Quality Specialist**
*Requisition ID: *18002424**