Mentor, A Siemens Business Application Engineer - 9470 in Saskatoon, Canada
Application Engineer - 9470
Work Location CA - Saskatoon
Req ID 9470
Job Category Applications Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer - 9470
Job Location: Canada - SK - Saskatoon
Job Category: Applications Engineering
Mentor, a Siemens Business is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Mentor’s Solido products are the world's leading tools for variation-aware design and characterization of standard cell, memory, and analog/RF designs. These products, Solido Variation Designer and Solido ML Characterization Suite, are used by a wide range of top semiconductor companies to increase product competitiveness and reduce time to market.
This position is a customer-facing role responsible for successfully driving Mentor’s Solido products into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in custom IC simulation, as well as strong communication skills and an appreciation for the business value delivered by electronic design automation software.
The Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. The Application Engineer must align closely with Account Managers to help them meet and exceed quotas, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Sales and support responsibilities include assessing customer technical requirements, conducting product demonstrations, running evaluations, and driving product adoption.
Thisposition mayrequire travel.
As an Applications Engineer, you work with account teams to drive adoption of Mentor’s Solido products. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
- Illustrate the value Mentor brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor’s Solido software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor’s Solido products.
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
- Drive business for Mentor, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor products and differentiate from the competition.
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with Mentor R&D on customer feedback and requests.
- Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MS degree is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in electronic design automation
- Broad understanding of custom IC design methodologies and flows across analog, memory, and standard cell design
- Proven ability to map software capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Track record of exceptional customer relationships
- Experience working with the Cadence® Virtuoso® environment
- Experience with custom circuit simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Eldo, AFS, etc.
- Strong working ability in a Linux/Unix command-line environment, and scripting ability
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills