Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay Receptionist Part Time in Sarasota, Florida
Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay is expanding! We are an exclusive Life Plan Community with a prestigious reputation for excellence located within walking distance to the shops and restaurants of St. Armands Circle and Lido Beach.
What makes us an employer of choice in the region? Competitive Pay plus InsuranceGroup Life InsurancePaid Time Off401(k) with Employer MatchFlexible Spending AccountsScholarship ProgramsEmployee Wellness ProgramEmployee Assistance ProgramTraining and continuing educationQuarterly Free Lunch Fridays from Local Food TrucksAFLAC Supplemental Insurance
Are you looking for a career, not just another job?
Plymouth Harbor creates a positive atmosphere for all employees to grow, succeed, and maintain a work life balance in a family environment. The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for managing and directing all communications and requests from the residents and the general public at the Front Desk and through the appropriate communications system. We are looking for the right candidate who is willing to work Saturday and Sunday 8:00pm-4:00pm.
- Greet everyone in a friendly, upbeat, and positive manner; smile, make eye contact.
- Monitor resident daily ‘check-in’ and ‘no-dial’ reports to Home Care as appropriate.
- Email the Resident Assessment Committee of any security or resident welfare concerns.
- Address all incoming telephone calls.
- Monitor the fire alarm system.
- Take reservations for guest rooms and notify Housekeeping and Accounting as necessary.
- Maintain resident ‘Away’ list.
- Ensure that all persons entering Plymouth Harbor through the main lobby are identified.
- Monitor the sign-in logs for visitors, outside vendors/contractors, and persons seeking employment.
- Facilitate special delivery packages, i.e., Federal Express, UPS, drug stores, pharmacy, flowers, cleaners, general deliveries.
- Respond to all inquiries from residents and the general public, via telephone and in person.
- Manage Front Desk computer operations, e-mails, in-house notices, etc.
- Maintain records and reports as required by Administration.
- Coordinate work order requests and forward to the appropriate department.
- Communicate necessary information and updates to the Front Desk Receptionist reporting to work for the next scheduled shift.
- Manage the in-house mail boxes; distribute resident and departmental mail. Maintain a log of registered mail.
- Monitor lobby, elevator and front parking activity. Notify the Director of safety concerns.
- Discharge properly such other responsibilities and duties as the Director or Vice President of Support Services may direct.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, and mandatory in-services as approved or required.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a clean, sanitary and organized manner. Ensure that work areas are neat and confidential materials are properly stored before leaving area on breaks, end of work day, etc.
Work safely; complying at all times with Plymouth Harbor safety standards. Basic Requirements:
High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum one year as a receptionist or administrative assistant in a busy environment.
- Must have good communication skills; speaking, writing, and listening.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Work as a team player.
- Maintain confidentiality in all Plymouth Harbor, resident, and employee matters.
Use good judgement and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Physical Requirements:
Must be able to lift/push up to 25 (weight) pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time. We look forward to meeting you!
Level II background and drug screening is required at date of hire.
Plymouth Harbor is a Tobacco free workplace. Our policy to provide a tobacco-free environment for all employees and visitors was established to keep a safe and healthy workplace environment. This policy covers the smoking of any tobacco product and the use of oral tobacco products, “spit” tobacco and e-cigarettes on Plymouth Harbor Property. The tobacco-free policy applies to both employees and non-employee visitors of Plymouth Harbor. Note to all Agencies / Direct Placement: Plymouth Harbor has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. Plymouth Harbor has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors, and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed Plymouth Harbor’s vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Plymouth Harbor will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.