Lockheed Martin Project Engineering - Senior Manager in Santa Cruz, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our Santa Cruz facility (SCF) is looking for a Project Engineering Manager to support our Director of Production Operations. In this role you will help manage a Naval Industrial Reserve Ordnance Plant (NIROP), and will interact with the Army, Navy, and DCMA customers for activities on the site.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• A current DOD secret or higher clearance is required at time of application.
• Manage all production operations, including but not limited to FBM and THAAD ordnance hardware.
• Manage overhead and capital spending, as well as staffing profiles to be able to execute work on schedule and with budget.
• Meet all technical, schedule, quality, and cost commitments for small ordnance for the Trident II (D5) missile manufacturing and test and THAAD missile products.
• Ensure all aspects of risk management, continuous improvement, and critical skills are appropriately managed to ensure mission success.
• Responsible for all Lockheed Martin operations at the SCF location; including safety, engineering, quality, equipment maintenance and support, small ordnance storage, and special test services.
• Provide safe and healthful working conditions for employees, contractors, and visitors.
• Conserve natural resources while applying environmental safety considerations that will support environmental, safety and health (ESH) management.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Promote continuous improvement of ESH performance and management systems.
• Ability to work with matrix program management to ensure LM programmatic priorities are me
Typically has 10 or more years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Ability to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance.
• Single US citizenship: No dual citizenship
• Must have at least ten years of leadership experience (current Lockheed Martin employees must have five (5) years in a L-coded position) demonstrating leadership skills and behaviors that align with Full Spectrum Leadership.
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years direct experience in Manufacturing, Operations, or hardware production of components or assemblies associated with safety, security, and prevention of high consequence events.
• Must have demonstrated experience in project management including proposal activities, budget control, planning, earned value management, and resource utilization.
• Must have demonstrated experience writing, preparing, and presenting proposals in large presentation forums.
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship.
• Must have experience in successfully leading teams of employees through external critical inspections or audits.
• Must demonstrate ability to build, maintain, and coach a team, which includes the execution and evolution of a business rhythm that effectively communicates and achieves organizational objectives and priorities.
• Must have demonstrated ability to work remotely and independently with minimal supervision.
• Minimum two years of experience in leadership at a remote site.
• Certified CAM with experience successfully managing technical, schedule and cost elements of contracts
• Demonstrated successful experience leading and/or supporting assembly, integration, and test operation of ordnance.
• Familiarity with the Navy SSP customer, including knowledge and experience with Navy SSP customer technical processes, business practices, and organization.
• LM21 Greenbelt certification.
• Direct experience of Collective Bargaining Unit agreement and Labor Relations and working directly with hourly personnel.
• Demonstrated effective problem resolution skills including experience with root cause, corrective action analysis.
• Demonstrate ability to grow or thicken a business base and ability to plan strategic changes.
• Knowledge of CTC or CPE disciplines.
• Demonstrate a consistent record of high performance as a leader, with the ability to accept responsibility, exercise authority and be held accountable for assigned tasks.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.