Continental Corporation Sr. Receiver Module (Sensor) Product Engineer in Santa Barbara, California
Sr. Receiver Module (Sensor) Product Engineer
Santa Barbara, CA
The Electrical Engineering Hardware Group for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is looking to strengthen its Research and Development (R&D) capabilities with the addition of highly motivated, experienced, and technically skilled engineers/technicians. The ADAS Electrical Engineering Hardware Group is responsible for the engineering of transistor level ASIC/ROIC designs, state-of-the-art photonics detectors, and integrated Printed Circuit Board (PCB) designs. At the Santa Barbara location, we are working on long and short range LIDAR systems to support the autonomous driving industry.
Manages, schedules, and tracks following activities:
• ASIC/ROIC wafers.
• Detector wafers.
• ASIC/ROIC probe test, Detector probe test, bumping/pillar operations.
• ROIC/Detector hybridization operation.
• Receiver module (Sensor) assembly package materials.
• Receiver module (Sensor) packaging operations.
• Receiver module (Sensor) final package test.
Managers, schedules, and tracks failure analysis (FA) process for manufacturing and customer returns.
• Scheduling/tracking of packaged component removal and A/B/A testing.
• Scheduling/tracking of packaged component testing.
• Analysis of test results, determination of next steps.
• Coordination of test coverage improvement efforts.
• Scheduling/tracking of package disassembly, hybrid separation.
• Planning of lab and component failure isolation efforts.
• Scheduling/tracking of FIB and/or deprocessing steps
• Monitoring of test flow, test results, and quality metrics of all production test facilities.
• Works with supplier and Continental quality to implement test changes, PCNs, and PAT limit changes to ensure maximum coverage and zero defects.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Microelectronics or appropriate qualification.
• Experience with design of electrical circuits.
• Experience with mixed signal design and test.
• Preferred experience in automotive product development
• Initiative (self-confident, takes ownership and acts proactively).
• Ability to learn (is able to learn continuously by being open and flexible to new tasks/fields).
• Ability to build up and apply application knowhow for related analog and digital design.
• Communication skills (makes a positive personal impact).
• Customer focus (anticipates and understands the customers' needs).
• Motivation and Inspiration (operates with integrity and demonstrates dynamism).
• Team skills (operates as a team player and contributes towards team goals).
• Willing to travel (<10% of the time) to support knowledge transfer and global coordination of activities.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Chassis & Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. The direction for the division is clear: The future of mobility leads to automated driving. Integrated active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. They create an excellent foundation for working together to achieve the goal of accident-free driving (Vision Zero).
Engineering, Research and Development
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.