Texas State University Electrician II in San Marcos, Texas
Posting/Functional TitleElectrician II
University Pay Plan TitleElectrician II
Recruitment TypeOpen to All
Monthly Salary$3,330.00 - $3,500.00
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- State of Texas Journeyman [or higher] Electrician License– Knowledge of National Electrical Code, construction standards, mechanical concepts, and applicable laws and codes– Skilled in troubleshooting electrical equipment and diagnosing problems in circuitry– Ability to understand written job instructions, blueprints, schematics, policies, and technical manuals– Experience working as a team member and providing superior customer service
- Previous employment experience in a government or university environment– Possess computer skills, including proficiency with e-mail & use of portable electronic device/tablet– Experience usingSAP& AiM– Ability to explain technical material to non-technically inclined persons
Responsible for performing journey-level electrical work including installation, maintenance, and repair of campus electrical systems and equipment.
- Analyze and repair or replace receptacles, circuit breakers, and wiring connections, and reset tripped circuit breakers.– Perform interior and exterior lighting maintenance.– Assist with the restoration of electricity to partial or entire building including the troubleshooting of electrical problems to repair or reset main and/or individual breakers.– Perform preventive and emergency maintenance of chemical, biological and all other exhaust fans.– Assist with the repair or replacement of door closures, locks, panic bars, dead bolts, and automatic handicapped door operators.– Other related duties as assigned
Additional Information to Applicants
- Applicants must explain in a cover letter how their knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience match the required qualifications.– Electrician II is required to perform paid rotational on-call duty with other Shop employees.– Applicant must attach a copy of his/her TexasDLRlicense to the application.
Job Open Date12/05/2018
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until FilledYes
Normal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start7:30 a.m.
Normal Work Hours End4:30 p.m.
Posting NoticesApplicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A COVER LETTER.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is anEOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensiveFREEwellness program• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus• Retirement peace of mind:TRSpension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.