ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Deputy Program Manager - Disaster Recovery CDBG-DR Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Deputy Program Manager - Disaster Recovery CDBG-DR Puerto Rico
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience.
ICF is seeking a Disaster Recovery Deputy Program Manager who will support government agencies in Puerto Rico in managing federal grants for long-term recovery from 2017 hurricanes. As part of the growing Disaster Management Division, the position requires in-depth experience with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) programs as well as other Federal disaster recovery programs. The Deputy Program Manager will work onsite with the senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for post-disaster housing recovery efforts. Responsibilities may also include serving as an expert on policy and regulatory issues, developing written materials, managing staff, providing training and technical assistance, and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services.
The Deputy Program Manager position will work together with the Program Manager to ensure the smooth performance of the project. As such this position assists Program Manager to maintain a complete understanding of all applicable Housing Program policies, requirements, and procedures and reviews all cases within the established guidelines; and works to possess knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for CDBG disaster recovery and similar programs & projects.
The Deputy Program Manager duties are to:
· Assisting the Program Manager in providing overall leadership to teams assisting and implementing post-disaster recovery efforts
· Scheduling and assigning staff
· Allocating resources, assessing risk and managing risk
· Coordinating various components that contribute to the project as a whole to ensure on-time delivery
· Ensuring that deadlines are met
· Keeping all parties informed of progress and any outstanding issues
· 5 years of experience in CBDG-DR, housing, community development, or related fields
· Experience in disaster recovery
· Excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications.
· Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
· Language Proficiency: bilingual preferred, Spanish and English
· Knowledge and experience with personal computers in a Microsoft Windows-based environment.
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
· Previous experience monitoring federally-funded programs
· Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
· Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
· Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)
About ICFICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.