ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Community Coordinator - Disaster Recovery CDBG-DR Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Community Coordinator - Disaster Recovery - CDBG-DR - Puerto Rico
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience.
ICF is seeking a Disaster Recovery Community Coordinator who will support government agencies in Puerto Rico in managing federal grants for long-term recovery from 2017 hurricanes. As part of the growing Disaster Management Division, the position involves promoting housing recovery using U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds.
The Community Coordinator will work onsite with the senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and other staff to implement post-disaster housing recovery programs. The Community Coordinator works closely with the Public Relations and Complaints Coordinator to assist the community in accessing opportunities offered by the housing recovery program.
The Community Coordinator duties are:
· Assisting in overall outreach efforts to inform residents about how to obtain assistance
· Assisting in targeting specific communities such as the elderly
· Aiding in developing press releases and fact sheets
· Promoting the overall image of the program
· Investigating complaints
· Conducting surveys and interviews of applicants to improve customer service
· 3 years of experience in customer service
· HUD CDBG programs exposure
· Some Direct CDBG – DR experience
· Exposure to disaster recovery
· Display excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications.
· Read, write, and speak English fluently.
· Language Proficiency: Bilingual preferred, Spanish and English
· Have knowledge and experience with personal computers in a Microsoft Windows-based environment.
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
· Exposure to operating and monitoring federally-funded programs
· Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
· Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)
About ICFICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.