HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director Employer Broker Relations Good Samaritan in San Jose, California
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 250,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 180 locally managed hospitals and over 120 freestanding surgery centers in 19 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
HCA’s Employer & Broker Solutions Group (EBS) sits at the intersection of HCA’s corporate and division leadership, supporting the development and execution of strategy at multiple levels of the organization. EBS’ primary focus scans across four priorities:
- Discover. The dynamic identification of new opportunities to drive HCA’s forward-looking vision and growth objectives.
- Develop. The effective development of strategic initiatives for implementation at scale across HCA involving employee benefit advisors and health plans. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with numerous platforms.
- Execute. The development of consistent, innovative messaging to the employee benefit community, broad community and health plans promoting HCA (national and local) service lines, quality metrics, scope of services and healthcare innovation.
- Inform. The constant evaluation and monitoring of strategic positioning and effectiveness. *JOB SUMMARY *
The EBS Directors begin to develop specialized knowledge about HCA and its strategy as well as manage significantly larger and more complex initiatives regarding EBS. EBS Directors own a significant portion of project responsibility, overseeing subject matter experts (SME’s) to assure the proper delivery of EBS messaging to a wide range audiences. Directors work closely with HCA leadership to understand their key issues and to develop strong business reasoning for the development of EBS products and initiatives.
- Break down complex problems into discrete tasks to scope projects into a defined set of tasks, responsibilities, and timelines and lead project execution
- Storyboard effectively and create presentations to employee benefit advisors, employers, health plans and the broad community.
- Manage the entire analytical process in providing data to various parties
- Become an expert on specific areas of HCA’s strategy
- Provide answers to questions, detail strategic implications and offer unique insights
- Increased role in influencing leadership’s thinking and moving to action
- Identify and assist with scoping new project opportunities from relationships and current work
- Facilitate introductions among facility/Division leadership to health plan and community leadership
College Graduate Required Undergrad Bachelor’s degree in either business, marketing, public relations, health administration or a related field required
4-6 Years of Experience Five years previous experience in business development, marketing or sales of healthcare benefits or benefit consulting services preferred. Experience in working with large employers and an understanding of the healthcare industry preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills to lead project scoping and execution
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Commitment to service
- Ability to solve complex conceptual and operational problems
- Ability to manage and direct teams to fulfill project obligations
- Ability to manage upwards
Job: *Sales & Business Development
Title: Director Employer Broker Relations Good Samaritan
Location: California-San Jose-Good Samaritan Hospital
Requisition ID: 10210-25131 CORP