VMware Enterprise Account Executive – PacNW + Bay Area – VeloCloud in San Francisco, California
Today’s branch office users are consuming more wide area network (WAN) bandwidth as they collaborate online (e.g., Skype for Business, WebEx, Office 365), increase the use of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cloud services, access large rich-media files, and leverage other bandwidth-intensive applications. Corporate IT is facing significant challenges addressing these demands due to the complexity, cost and static architecture inherent in their existing WAN. The vast majority of branch office WAN traffic is carried over expensive leased lines (private MPLS circuits) or unpredictable Internet connections (DSL, Cable, LTE) neither of which is ideal on its own. Deploying leased lines for all bandwidth needs is cost prohibitive and time-consuming, while adopting the public Internet with its lack of uptime, reliability and performance guarantees may result in a poor user experience.
VMware's VeloCloud SD-WAN enables enterprises to support application growth, network agility and simplified branch implementations while delivering optimized access to cloud services, private data centers and enterprise applications simultaneously over both ordinary broadband Internet and private links. With VeloCloud, VMware will build on the success of the industry’s leading network virtualization platform – VMware NSX – and expand the company’s networking portfolio to address end-to-end automation, application continuity, branch transformation and security from the data center to cloud edge.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Accountable for achieving revenue targets for VMware’s SD-WAN technology
· Work with enterprise sales account teams to build account strategies and promote the overall cloud strategy within a defined set of accounts
· Ability to use VMware’s advantage position in IT organizations to move higher in the decision-making process and sell SD-WAN
· Build strategic relationships with C-level executives and key business leaders to promote VMWare’s portfolio of SD Wan through proofs of concepts and pilots
· Identify high propensity customers.
· Collaborate and build positive relationships with core Field and Partner sales individuals to ensure engagement with core teams and customers.
· Consultative sales experience especially around the adoption SD-WAN
· Become a trusted adviser to senior IT and business executives within key accounts to build a long-term partnership with customers and ensure these strategic relationships result in customers becoming a public reference
· Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
· Ability to evolve and develop the overall sales strategy and model for SD-WAN technology
· 8+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with Enterprise networking products
· 8+ years of sales experience with 4+ years of specifically focused on enterprise accounts
· Demonstrable experience with Commercial accounts
· Strong knowledge of the wide area networking
· Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of VMware SD-WAN
· Experience working with enterprise and commercial channel partners
· Experience with new product introductions.
· Strategic thinker with a sales mentality, as well as analytical ability and a shown ability to execute strategy.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2020-02-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs