Grant Thornton LLP Accounting Advisory Services Director in San Francisco, California
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader. * * Accounting Advisory Services Senior Manager [Director]
Grant Thornton understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses, shareholders/ owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. We work with some of the country’s most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes and to help them better understand their businesses. We also consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls. Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis. Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field is required. An advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Accounting, MBA, etc.) is a plus.
- 8-10 years of financial statement audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm is required. Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- Active CPA license is required.
- Strong technical skills and deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries or marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
Developmental skills to train and mentor team members Preferred Knowledge Areas
Accounting standards including ASC 606 and/or ASC 842
- Complex debt, equity and employee compensation topics
- IPO process or other capital transactions such as debt offerings or private placements Organizational restructuring including acquisitions, carve-outs or spin-offs and post deal accounting
- GAAP conversions
- Financial instruments Additional Information
- Travel Percentage 50%
- Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically as needed Benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Accounting Advisory Services Director
Location: CA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 044469
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs