House of Blues Manager - Marketing in San Diego, California
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
House of Blues has an opportunity for an experienced Brand Marketer with a background in entertainment, restaurant, hospitality and/or leisure marketing, to build brand awareness, drive traffic and increase sales for our iconic venue.
The Brand Marketing Manager is fully responsible and accountable for the success of the venue marketing department. Direct and coordinate all activities relating to Promotion, Marketing and PR for the Restaurant, Retail, Gospel Brunch, Special Events and Foundation Room, as well as overall awareness of the House of Blues venue.
What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or related degree;
· 3-5 years of entertainment, restaurant, hospitality, tourism/leisure or multi-unit retail marketing experience required; restaurant marketing experience highly preferred
Proven working experience in digital marketing
Demonstrable experience leading and managing marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
· Exhibits positive attitudes; excellent written and verbal communication; high level of organizational and follow-through skills; communicates assertively; maintains personal integrity
· Ability to handle various projects at one time make good decisions; delegates; follow up; communicate with staff and guests in a positive manner
· Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
· Work environment is fast-paced
· Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching
· Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
· Tolerance of loud noises
What You’ll Do:
• Create, develop, implement & execute strategic venue marketing plans, media buys, branding strategies, and promotional projects for the House of Blues lines of business: Restaurant & Bar, Foundation Room, Special Events, Gospel Brunch & Retail
• Plan digital marketing campaigns, including web, email, social media and display advertising
• Develop and test new and creative growth strategies
• Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
• Develop sustainable promotions and in-venue programming that creates growth in existing business segments and provides opportunity for new business growth
• Drive traffic to the restaurant & bar with specific activations targeting tourists, locals, and convention guests, with strong partnerships with area hotels/concierges, local Visitors and Convention Bureau and other media/event organizations
• Oversee creative service request process to develop high-impact creative executions across email, social, print and signage
• Develop key community relationships and strategic partnership programs that will elevate the brand profile and drive revenue
• Oversee guest relations/public relations and community outreach programs
• Work closely with venue GM, AGM, Show Marketing Manager, F&B and Operations teams to develop and promote on-site and off-site promotions that drive traffic to the venue
• Implement national marketing initiatives across all business segments, with significant focus to develop venue & restaurant activity
• Report weekly to the venue GM and National Director of Marketing on new and ongoing initiatives, inclusive of financial performance, short and long-term goal setting and collaborative efforts with all departments
• Liaison with home office social media team to grow social communities and develop programs that create value for fans and drive revenue for venue across brand business segments
• Manage Marketing and Advertising operating budgets
• Financial reporting weekly/monthly to GM showing ROI across all marketing expenditures
• Manage and develop a Marketing Coordinator in collaboration with the venue Show Marketing Manager
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.