USAA Vendor Relationship Manager I in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Vendor Relationship Manager I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
This role will support the Life Company expansion to deliver annuity products to third party financial institutions and will be responsible for managing key partnerships and relationships.
This role will be within the integrated solutions group in FASG.
Partners with procurement and business to identify and select third party suppliers. Provides operational relationship management and oversight between USAA and assigned third party suppliers. Proactively seeks opportunities to continuously build rapport and partnership with third parties. Provides guidance and enforces the standardization of supplier strategies, policies, procedures, guidelines and reporting. Engages regularly with clients, client relationship management and others to ensure alignment of goals between USAA and the supplier, to understand and convey client needs to suppliers while understanding and conveying capabilities back to the client and client relationship managers. Works closely with CoSA Supplier Governance (CSG) to understand measurable performance of the supplier and provide guidance in taking appropriate-level corrective action. Ensures a high degree of professionalism in all interactions with third party suppliers, internal customers and partners.
- Acquires and applies broad business process outsourcing knowledge in support of business needs.
- Facilitates procurement negotiations process and business strategy in the outsourcing of products and services that provide best value to the enterprise and align with customer business objectives.
- Analyzes operational trends to understand the impact of business initiatives involving third party supplier service.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root causes, and provides recommendations to business.
- Manages the relationship between USAA and its third party suppliers to obtain optimum results.
- Advises management on tactical and strategic growth opportunities, risk mitigation, workload management, and quality plan design and implementation.
- Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver work product. May serve as a resource to team members for escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Bachelor's Degree required (OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum experience required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- 4 or more years of experience in third party outsourcing function, to include acquisition planning, developing statement of work, risk analysis, contract consultation, and supplier management or equivalent management experience.
- Proficient experience with data analysis tools, industry data sources, Microsoft Office tools and applicable business software.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience managing annuity, investment or life insurance solutions, vendors, and processes.
- Experience effectively working across a matrix and disciplinary team to partner successfully and deliver results.
- Additional graduate studies or financial industry certifications.
- Experience with DTCC, annuity processing, suitability systems and annuity operating systems.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/13/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.