USAA Senior Development Product Owner - Credit Card Product Ownership in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
The Development Product Owner Senior will be leading matrixed teams to develop and implement variety of analytical data solutions to drive technology and data transformation in Enterprise Complaints organization. The person will also be responsible to establish governance process related to data and reporting management to deliver compliance needs. Can consider lead position for extreme strong candidate. Flexible locations in San Antonio or Plano office.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Development Product Owner for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. Utilizes an advanced understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Works within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. Prioritizes the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Works under minimal supervision on complex efforts that can span a year or more.
- Works with multiple teams within a program, and occasionally may lead and provide oversight to other DPOs on larger efforts.
- Works with the Enterprise platform and/or multiple systems integration for major elements of technical infrastructure.
- Works Epic-level efforts that coordinate distribution to, and release across multiple scrum teams, within scaled Agile organizations as necessary.
- Serve as an expert in more than one particular business or system domain capable of leading development across multiple teams at the program level.
- Identifies, engages, influences and leads business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand, validate and help shape business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product
- realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assists with program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project and program level.
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Coaches less experienced DPOs and team members. Serves as an expert in the business development/execution discipline, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum experience required.
- 6 or more years of experience in business and/or project delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework, and Product & Solution Management
- Banking experience in the area of Credit Card Product Ownership
- Master's Degree
- Certification/Designation or relevant training in any of the following areas: SAFe Lean Agile, Scaled Agilest and/or Scaled Agile PM/PO certification and/or Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt or Higher)
- Extensive knowledge in Scrum and Kanban, and understanding of key performance indicators of a Scrum team
- Experience making decisions and represent the priorities of key stakeholders, including value of technical enabler
- Extensive leadership experience, leading and influencing other product owners & leaders
- Experience in "thought leadership" (understanding strategy/vision to execution, and delivering business value)
- Project or Portfolio Management experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/13/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.