HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Nursing Administrator (PRN) in San Antonio, Texas
Methodist Hospitalopened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we’ve recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It’s a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most.
Ours is a hospital deep-rooted in tradition that is patient-focused, faith-based and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It’s our promise to you as we strive to carry out the mission of Methodist Healthcare:/Serving Humanity to Honor God./
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare System of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community.
_Why join the Methodist Hospital team?_
- Most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
- Ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader’s Choice Awards from 2009-2013.
- Texas Award for Performance Excellence.
- Member of the Sarah Cannon Network of Excellence, committed to advancing science and transforming cancer care.
- First and only hospital in San Antonio with an International Services program,
- Houses San Antonio’s largest hyperbaric chamber.
- Interesting face: World’s first “nuclear disaster proof” hospital.
- Provide leadership, consultation, and support for the patient service areas during designated shifts.
- Provide administrative continuity to staff, patients, families and visitors while acting as a liaison for the administrator on-call and the Nursing Management team.
- Accurately assesses the needs of the Nursing Departments and the patients served and facilitates obtaining ancillary services response and/or needed resources in situations affecting the optimal delivery of patient care.
- Serve as a communication liaison between the administrator on-call and nursing management, staff, patients, families, and visitors.
- Provide on-site leadership, direction, and support for the operational management of patient service areas during designated shift.
- Report to the Director of Nursing
_We offer you a generous benefits package including:_· Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance · Flexible Spending Accounts · Paid Time Off · Employee Discount Program · Employee Stock Purchase Program · Tuition Reimbursement
Education: Graduate of ONE of the following: * Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program * Associates in Nursing degree program * Nursing Diploma program Experience: ALL of the following: * Three years clinical RN experience * Three years supervisory/management experience Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Preferred: * Master degree in nursing or related field
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: RN with current license to practice professional nursing in Texas
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: RN Nursing Administrator (PRN)
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 02531-87431