HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Progressive Care Winter Seasonal in San Antonio, Texas
Winter Pool - Seasonal Position - October 2019 through April 2020
Candidate must be able to work full time ( 36 Hrs. Min) for the duration of the Winter Pool
Full time Seasonal employees will be eligible for a Monthly Housing Stipend through the duration of the seasonal position.
Current MHS employees are not eligible.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve.
Our Psych Unit offers:
- A chance to work in a dedicated 76 Bed Unit area within our Specialty and Transplant Hospital.
- We are the largest Behavioral Health unit In San Antonio.
- We have some of the lowest Turnover rate within our hospital.
- We have a culture of safety.
- We have primary care nursing as opposed to one charge nurse and a medication nurse as many freestanding facilities.
- Our ratios are better, usually running 6-8 patients per nurse with a dedicated tech on the floor.
We have a streamlined BERT team to respond to codes for aggression as well as security on site if needed.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
Critical factors to your success include:
- Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN IV position.
You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
You should have a current BLS Certification
You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives of our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply and learn more about how we can work together in “Serving Humanity to Honor God”.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Progressive Care Winter Seasonal
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Specialty %26 Transplant Hospital
Requisition ID: 01588-95133