USAA Director, Product Management in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Director, Product Management for our San Antonio, TX (WestRidge South) facility.
Manages a team of individual contributors responsible for the maintenance of existing products and/or the development and launch of new products. Works collaboratively across Marketing, Finance, Legal, Information Technology, Operations and the Distribution Sales and Services groups to develop industry-leading products.
- Communicates the product value proposition to Distribution organization.
- Ensures product team delivers sales support to all distribution channels (e.g., .com, mobile, contact center) so that the product is properly positioned to customers (sales tool and collateral development, sales training, etc.).
- Generates innovation and solutions for customer needs to ensure a dynamic product development pipeline exists.
- Develops and launches new product offerings as well as auxiliary/enhanced features/services for existing products.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leverages resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and acquire competitive intelligence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing, or Operations or4 or more years direct product management experience.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Broad P&C Value Chain experience (Pricing, Underwriting, Product Development, Marketing, Distribution, Service, Claims and/or Financial Management)
- Manage broad functional and Enterprise projects and/or participates as a SME project resource on larger initiatives
- Masterful communication and salesmanship skills leveraged to teach, mentor and influence business improvement
- Serve as an inspirational coach, mentor and on-the-job trainer for other team members
- Proven State Management assignment in complex states identified
- Demonstrated Bias for Action in an environment of ambiguity
- Proven entrepreneurial General Management experience (comfortable creating State Management vision and guiding diverse teammates, alliances and partners through the building and improved iteration phases of foundational capabilities, management routines, reporting requirements, etc.)
- Transformative/Change Agent Leadership Style
- Propensity for self and team development with a bias towards peer development
- Master’s degree in Business Administration and/or CPCU
Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/12/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.