Salt Lake County Peer Mentor in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Supports others in recovery from a substance use disorder. Serves as a role model, mentor, advocate and motivator to recovering individuals in order to help prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery.
Must have a Peer Mentoring certification at time of hire.
One (1) year of recent work expereince in a professional setting.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
- Provides a model for both people in recovery and staff by demonstrating that recovery is possible.
- Assist program participants/ recovering persons to identify their personal interests, goals, strengths and weaknesses regarding recovery.
- Supports Criminal Justice Services staff in planning for services for clients, through face-to-face meetings and facilitation of group discussions.
- Assists in connecting clients to community-based support resources and other ancillary services.
- Provides recovery education to program participants for every phase of the recovery journey from pre-recovery engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization, and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Develops collaborative and supportive relationships with community groups and agencies in partnership with Drug Court. Collects and distributes community-based recovery group meeting literature and schedules as needed.
- Maintains the Drug Court bulletin board(s) and resource files with current resource and recovery support information.
- Maintains documentation, logs, reports and records of client interactions and services provided in appropriate files and database(s).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
CRIMINAL JUSTICE SERVICES-1067