Serco SLE - Air Traffic Control Specialist - Tower SLE - Salem, OR - NC52665616 in Salem, Oregon
SLE - Air Traffic Control Specialist - Tower SLE - Salem, OR - NC52665616 Salem, OR, US
Job Description Prior to being considered for this position, applicants must:
Be available for work within 60 days.
Have a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9).
- If you do not have a Class II Medical Certificate, prior to applying for this position, you may go the following website to find an FAA Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) in your area: http://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/.
- Have a copy of their last Control Tower Operator (CTO) Airmen Certificate and In accordance with FAR 65.39, applicant “must have satisfactorily served as an air traffic control tower operator with a facility rating…for at least 6 months...”
- If necessary, to replace an Airmen Certificate, go to the following website: http://www.faa.gov/licensescertificates/airmencertification/certificate_replacement/
Be eligible to work for Serco under the Federal Immigration Laws.
Verify education and employment references from previous employer(s) including release of drug and alcohol records.
Receive a negative result on a pre-employment drug screen.
Be able to receive an interim security suitability clearance granted by FAA Security derived from a public trust background check.
Establish proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) control air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. The incumbent is responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace. ATCS duties include:
Answering radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.
Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.
Issuing information such as runway to use, wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.
Issuing air traffic clearances.
Providing advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather - Service, IFR control facilities, flight service stations, pilots, and other sources.
Taking and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) or Supplemental Aviation Weather Reporting Station (SAWRS) facilities.
Transferring control of aircraft to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace, and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace.
Operating various types of equipment such as: radios, telephones, interphones, computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather equipment, light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, and backup equipment.
Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when aircraft are having flight difficulties.
Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel.
Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operations
Other duties as assigned
The rate of pay for this position is $31.30 per hour.
Required Skills Applicants must:
- Provide a copy of a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9).
- Provide a copy of their last CTO.
- Be eligible to work for Serco under the Federal Immigration Laws.
- Verify education and employment references from previous employer(s) including release of drug and alcohol records.
- Receive a negative result on a pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to receive an interim security suitability clearance granted by FAA Security derived from a public trust background check.
- Establish proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52665616
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Transportation Management
Department Serco’s Transportation & Infrastructure business unit has five main business streams - aviation services, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), fleet services, parking services, and infrastructure software integration, with over 1000 personnel providing these services in the federal, state and local markets. Serco operates some of the most advanced transportation systems in the world by combining proven technologies and efficient operations with an unparalleled focus on service excellence.
- -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000
- Serco Jobs