Kimpton Hotels Outlets & Private Dining Manager in Sacramento, California
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The Room Service Manager is responsible to oversee room service department to ensure prompt, efficient and professional service of food and beverages to Hotel guests in their rooms. Incumbent must utilize available resources to provide excellent Customer Satisfaction.
Your day-to-day: Directing Team Members
- Supervise, guide and direct Room Service team members.
- Hire, train, schedule and support team members directly accountable to this position, to maintain highest possible levels of team member morale and department productivity.
- Ensure the posting of schedules for all room service team members.
- Complete payroll activities.
- Inform and communicate to the Room Service team members hotel functions and events.
- Conduct regular departmental operations meetings.
- Understand and respond to guests' needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Oversee and monitor food and beverage inventory and to ensure quality and profitability.
- Follow all specified procedures to correctly handle all cash, credit and gift certificate transactions.
- Establish and maintain consistent standards of the Room Service department.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all necessary supplies and equipment.
- Communicate, on a regular basis, with the Hotel Manager to ensure efficient and professional service in the Room Service department.
- Coordinate with the Front Office department the delivery of guests amenities.
- Responsible for Guest Satisfaction in terms of food and beverage, hospitality and service standards.
- Benchmarks for Room Service Guest Satisfaction in Market Metrix will be established prior to the beginning of each quarter.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Beverage experience preferred.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).