Health Resources and Services Administration Administrative Associate - HIV/AIDS Bureau in Rockville, Maryland
This position is located in the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), Division of States HIV/AIDS Program (DSHAP). The duty location is Rockville, MD.
For more information about the HIV/AIDS Bureau, visit the* "Learn more about the Agency"*section.
*Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.*
Learn more about this agency
This position is a mission critical occupation and is responsible for ensuring that operational and fiscal activities align with and enable accomplishment of Health Resources and Services Administration's mission, goals and objectives.
As an Administrative Associate, you will serve as a principal administrative specialist providing general administrative and clerical support to the HAB.
Specifically you will:
- Prepare, control and manage incoming correspondence, reports on program activities, memoranda, emails and other controlled correspondence.
- Analyze and evaluate on a quantitative or qualitative basis the effectiveness of program operational functions in meetings established goals and objectives.
- Process domestic and international travel arrangements and processes all related travel documents for staff, as needed, in accordance with established travel procedures.
- Analyze management information requirements to develop program or administrative reporting systems including the systems specifications, data gathering and analytical techniques.
- Advise on the potential benefits and uses of automation to improve the efficiency of administrative support or program operations.
- #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- All qualification requirements and time-in-grade must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Federal applicants must submit an SF-50 to show status and time-in-grade.
- Males ages 18 through 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- PHS Commissioned Corps applicants must submit current personnel orders.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Position is not in the Bargaining Unit.
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- Student loan repayment incentive is not authorized.
THESE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE:12/13/2018
Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume.
In order to qualify for this Administrative Associate position at the GS-9, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-7 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Preparing, tracking, and editing various correspondence and documents, such as SOPs, spreadsheets, interagency agreements, etc.;
- Identifying issues and developing new approaches to problems based on new, revised or updated regulations, policies and procedures;
- Processing travel authorizations and vouchers in the GovTrip to ensure that they are in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations;
- Using qualitative and quantitative methods to gather and analyze data on administrative and management functions and processes to develop spreadsheets, summaries, and reports documenting results of the analysis; and
- Utilizing office automation equipment and software such as SharePoint, and Excel to produce a wide variety of documents, such as spreadsheets, reports, graphs and pivot tables.
Have a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D a major field of study directly related to the work of this position.
Have an equivalent combination of the above specialized experience AND higher level graduate education that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s: * Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions). * With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs). * Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade. * SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 12/13/2018.
Current year pay adjustments are not acceptable for verifying TIG (ex. 2018 general increases cannot be used to verify TIG).
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video... Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP): Click here
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Administration and Management - Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production. Data Gathering and Analysis - Seeks or collects and synthesizes information from a variety of stakeholders and sources in an objective, unbiased manner to reach a conclusion, goal, or judgment, and to enable strategic and leadership decision making. Travel Management - Assists travelers and travel planners in interpreting and applying travel regulations, policies and procedures. Manages and Organizes Information - Identifies a need; gathers, organizes, and maintains in formation; determines its importance and accuracy, and communicates it by a variety of methods. Applies Technology To Tasks - Selects and understands procedures, machines, or tools that will produce the desired results; identifies or solves problems in machines, computers or other technologies, as they are related to performing tasks.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10365238
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
Drug test required
- Required Documents
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact either HRSA's Office of Human Resources at (301) 443-3780 or by email: email@example.com or HRSA's Reasonable Accommodation programs at (301) 443-2538 or by email: RA-Request@hrsa.gov. You must contact the Reasonable Accommodations Program prior to the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM EST (except Federal holidays).
Submission of a resume alone is not a complete application. To apply for this position, you must provide a complete online Application Package that includes:
- A current Resume - For resume writing guidance, please visit USAJOBS Resources Centeror view their video tutorial. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that include beginning and ending dates (month/year) for paid and non-paid work experience, including the average number of hours worked per week for each job title listed. You must also ensure that the duties performed are clearly matched to each period of employment. If we cannot determine that you have performed qualifying duties for at least one year, then you may be rated ineligible.
- A complete Assessment Questionnaire.
- Other supporting documents to be submitted with application:
- SF-50: Federal applicants must submit an SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) that shows status and time-in-grade, and its full performance level. If you are an HHS employee you may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from eOPF.
- Personnel Orders: PHS Commissioned Corps Officers must submit a copy of latest personnel orders in lieu of SF-50.
- College transcripts (if the position has a positive education requirement, or you are qualifying on the basis of education).
For Résumé and Application Tips visit the USAJOBS Resource Center.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 12/13/2018.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 12/13/2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Applicants please note: To assist us with an expeditious application review process, please do not submit any of the documentation listed below unless specifically requested in the announcement. The following documents are not required and do not need to be submitted with your resume:
- Diplomas of any type (When education documents are required, you must submit unofficial transcripts)
- Letters of Recommendation, Reference, or Congratulations, etc.
- General training documents or certificates of completed training (Except Contract Specialist positions when requested in the announcement)
- Any documents with a picture of the applicant (Except medical or nursing licenses when requested in the announcement)
- Awards documentation including SF-50s for Awards
- Performance Appraisals (Only ICTAP/CTAP eligible applicants need to submit their latest performance appraisal)
- Evaluations of any type
- Writing Samples
- Executive Core Qualifications Statements (ECQs)
Agency contact information
AskHR HRSA Helpdesk
Health Resources and Services Administration 5600 Fishers Lane Rockville, MD 20857 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online questionnaire is received you will be sent an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. We will update your status after each key stage in the application process has been completed. You may also check the status of your application through your USAJobs profile. check the status
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517702700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 12/06/2018 to 12/13/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 9
Salary: $56,233 to $73,105 per year Salary range listed includes locality pay.
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time